!0 miles away or 100 feet away.....

brokenhearted1971

brokenhearted1971

Wife wanted separation 4 months ago. Seems like it's headed to divorce. She's not willing to budge on me coming back home. I've searched for a place that's convenient to live so that I'm close to my son. My neighbor has a guest house in the back that's perfect. I'm done fighting her to get my family back.

My question is....is being next door too close to her even though I'm looking out for the best interest of my son?

My opinion, that's a little too close. You'll struggle a lot if you see guys coming to pick her up for a date, plus she may keep you on the hook to keep killing spiders and opening pickle jars.

Close to your son is good (my STBXW and I are trying to work a similar arrangement) but I think you need to be blocks away.

• Like 2
  • Author
brokenhearted1971

I've been trying to find something similar, and it's impossible. I can afford the $850 plus utilities, and the guy is selling a few items so I don't have to buy a bed, fridge, or anything like that. It's a great deal, so I had better jump on it!! My friend I'm staying with is starting to ask how much longer I'll be staying. I believe this is a blessing. I can totally deal with her going out with another guy..... done trying to fight for our family. She's got a totally different view on marriage and family. I guess I should have found someone with a background similar to mine. My Mom was with my Dad for almost 40 years before he passed. They did have their ups and downs, who's relationship hasn't ???

TheBladeRunner
Wife wanted separation 4 months ago. Seems like it's headed to divorce. She's not willing to budge on me coming back home. I've searched for a place that's convenient to live so that I'm close to my son. My neighbor has a guest house in the back that's perfect. I'm done fighting her to get my family back.

My question is....is being next door too close to her even though I'm looking out for the best interest of my son?

I'm about a half a mile away........earlier on it was 5 miles. Maybe a little too close at this stage of the game. JMO

TheBladeRunner
They did have their ups and downs, who's relationship hasn't ???

Mine didn't have ups and downs.......it was so perfect I didn't deserve her and she had multiple affairs :lmao:. All kidding aside, I heard you on "the values"; I think that is a tall order these days when we ask for that. Call me jaded, but I get where you are coming from.

• Like 1