my ex last name

hello I'm wondering if i can use my ex-husbands last name again if i have got married again (with another man) and after 3 months got annulment

The important question here is: what is your legal name right now? You will need to get your named changed again if you have already changed it to your new ex-husband's name as far as I know. You may be able to informally use it, but it certainly wouldn't be legal (checks, bills, important documents, etc.).

You may want to check with a lawyer about this or maybe the local courthouse (?) that filed your documentation. (As you can tell, I'm not a lawyer as I don't know exactly where you file for name changes. Ha ha.)

hi lets say my ex-husbands last name is Anderson and the 2nd man smith OK so when i got married to him my last name was smith so now i want to use Anderson again thats the question i really need to know this

:bunny::cool:

Again, the legality issue is the issue. If your name is Smith name, it's your name. If you want it changed back to Anderson, change it back legally.

You can use Smith informally, but not on any legal documents. Why not just go back to your maiden name?

Again, you need to go to your courthouse and/or see a lawyer.

Good luck with your hunt!

ready2moveon26

This is in Ohio, and I don't know the laws elswhere...my aunt was married to a man...she got a divorce...got remarried...changed her name...got a divorce...went back to her exhusband's name...got married again...changed her name again...got yet another divorce...changed her name back to her first exhusband's again...so eventhough she has been married multiple times, if no one knew her, they'd just think she was married to the one man and has his last name still...do you get it?

As far as I know, you can change your name to anything you want, as long as you do it legally. (Go down to the courthouse and do it, plus change it with Social Security, etc.) If you want to change your name to Mickey Mouse you can.

But I agree with the other poster, just call the local courthouse and ask.