Confused, I don't know what to do

I have been married for the last 7 years. Over the course of the last 2 years, I have become increasingly distant with my emotions towards my wife. I am no longer attracted to her sexually or intellectually. I started visiting chatrooms and eventually became close to a woman who was also in a bad relationship.

I went through a couple of months of depression, because I was so confused as what to do. I eventually broke down and told my wife everything, she was upset, but said she only wanted me to be happy and to see the other woman to figure out what I wanted to do.

Over the course of the last month, I have decided to try and leave my wife and spend a little time alone. I have told my girlfriend about my plans and she said she just wanted a normal life and wanted to spend the rest of hers' with me. She has also recently seperated from her husband, but said she is sure that she loves me and only wants me in her life.

This is a long-distance relationship, so we don't get to see eachother everyday, which makes things more difficult.

Her family doesn't approve of the relationship, due to it's unconventional nature, so they don't want me calling their house where she's staying. I don't know what happened, but she turned off her cell phone, which was the only way I can get in touch with her and she cut off all communication with me.

I realize she's dealing with quite a bit, but so am I. I don't know if I should assume she's back with her husband, or if she's just trying to find herself in this big mess. It's driving me crazy that she shut me out and hasn't told me anything about what's going on. I only wanted for us to have a normal life together and she said she wanted the same. I don't know if I am getting the whole truth or if she just wants to keep both of us in her life.

The silence is tearing me up inside and leaves me feeling like a nobody, because she seems to have no problem with not talking to me. Has anyone been through this? Does anybody else know how it feels to be so confused inside. I still love my wife, but I am no longer in love with her.

My wife has been great through this whole ordeal and says that she's there for me, no matter what the outcome. Is it possible to start over with someone new, especially seeing as how are relationship started? I just want to finally have some happiness in my life. I want to finally feel complete, without the emptiness of living with one woman and living another. Thanks for listening to me.

WOW, I have to give your wife props, for what you may ask? For not kicking your ass to the curb. I mean that in the nicest way possible.

I think your girlfriend is dealing with alot at the moment but I wonder why would she would shut out the only person that she supposedly needs at the moment. I think she is trying to get her life back together. It is never good when the woman you love stops calling you, or receiving calls from you. If it is all just a misunderstanding then she has some damn explaining to do.

About finding herself, I think that is a whole load of crap. I heard people say that to their SO, and they usually end up screwing the first piece that pays attention to them. My sister did it, and alot of my friends. If you want to find yourself that is something you do when you are alone. Nobody is going to help you "FIND YOURSELF".

Wait it out maybe it is just a misunderstanding, good luck.

Tell your wife that I think she is a very strong woman, and she deserves better.