Am I pregnant or not....help

I think am thinking to much and because of that I need help. If there is anyone there who can answer my question please get back.

Me and my man had intercourse many times and the last one was on May 4. I took my De-Po-Vera shot (birth control) in April (which was my second shot). In the middle of May I start bleeding (not that heavy, it like a normal period). I feel sick every morning, I feel like I want to vomit, my head huts,am feeling dizzy, and having carvings. I don't feel well. I went to see the doctor he said it might be the effect of the De-Po... ( but it was not my first time taken the De-Po). he asked me to take a blood test for pregnancy, it came out negative but the nurse said "It too early to tell" I went back after another week, I did a urine test, it came out negative, then I did STD test, everything is normal. Until now I still feel like am pregnant.

MY QUESTION IS: Should I take another pregnancy test again, is it my hormones, Can l be pregnant and not know (even after the test proves it negative)? I look peal and my friends think am pregnant, could that be true? Can it be...?

DerangedAngel

I seriously doubt you're pregnant, if the above information is correct.

Chill.

Chilled? I've experienced side effects similar to yours with Depo-Provera.

Some of the less common side effects and disadvantages of this form of birth control:

headache

nausea

dizziness

sore breasts

change of appetite, weight gain

depression

hair loss, or increased hair on the face or body

nervousness

skin rash or spotty darkening of the skin

change in sex drive

must receive shot every three months

pregnancies, which very rarely occur, are more likely to be ectopic (in a fallopian tube)

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/bc/depoforyou.htm

In bold are the ones you are experiencing.

Still chilled? Good.

-Deranged

you really should go to the doctor. home pregnancy tests do not always work. and if you are pregnant being on birth control at the same time may not be good for the baby.

DerangedAngel
he [doctor] asked me to take a blood test for pregnancy, it came out negative but the nurse said "It too early to tell" I went back after another week, I did a urine test, it came out negative, then I did STD test, everything is normal. Until now I still feel like am pregnant.

She did go to her doctor, einahpets. Where did you get that she took a home pregnancy test? Read her original post again.

-Deranged

so sorry. thats what i get for reading posts while half asleep.

to the author of the original post: i wish you the best of luck!!! :)

She's Come Undone

Depo-Provera is the demon in disquise!!! LOL

I took the first two shots and had weeks of my period, then didn't get my third one in time and had to go off. I then got my period every other week, as well as had lactation issues (I was a new mom. :))

Needless to say, I don't think I be doon the Depo again!

It also started my birth control related migraines. Now I can't take any bc. :(

• Author

Thanks for your reply.

But what about the feelings am having, I feel like am pregnant. Two result shows negative, but still. I still feel all the side effect of pregnancy?

She's Come Undone

There are pregnancy tests that can determine if you are or aren't within days of conception. Two pregnancy tests negative? I think you are needlessly worrying. However, if this is causing you such trauma, go to the drugstore and get a test and take it during your first bathroom visit of the morning.

I'm telling you, Depo has some major side affects, but take heart they usually only last the first 2 or 3 shots.

JustSoRight

Relax. Depo tricks your body into thinking it's pregnant. When I was on it I thought I was too, until about the time I got my 3rd shot. The testes keep coming up negative. It's the side effects. I loved it for one reason. I never had a period. But I got off of it because I was gaining major weight and I couldn't get it off. But it is a good BC if you don't mind the side effects.