decree absolute

when can i apply for the decree absolute? I am the respondent. Received decree nisi in feb 2011.

Final hearing for finances in mid april 2013.

Can the judge in this hearing agree to absolute aswell or do i have to make an application and attend another hearing? Does the application cost anything?

• Author

My stbx and myself have a final hearing for financial issues next month. I would like us to attend mediation prior to the final hearing to see if we can reach an agreement which could then be approved by the court in the form of a consent order.

There are no savings to consider, no FMH to consider, there are joint endowment policies valuing £7.5k. My pension has a transfer value of £30k whereas hers is £110k

There is a SRO in place for our two boys with a split of 47%/53% in her favour.

Our net incomes per week are:

Me (age44)

wages £280

Child benefit £20.30

DLA for son £131.50

Housing/council tax benefit £90

Totalling £521.80

rent and council tax £195

leaving disp income of £326.80pw

stbx (age42)

Wages £370

Child benefit £20.30

Tax credits for both children £155.50

Totalling £545.80

rent and council tax £120

leaving disp income of £425.80pw

I would like to propose to her that we have a clean break, as there seems to be parity of incomes at present, we split the endowment policies 50/50 (£3750 each), I continue to keep one CB and DLA for son 1, she continues to keep CB for son 2 and tax credits for both, we both keep our prospective pensions and the clean break obviously.

Does this sound fair and would the court consider this in an "open offer" as fair?

This is absolutely NOT the place to air your financial circumstances or discuss confidential matters relating to a divorce settlement.

Most posters here do not come from the UK. Many who do wouldn't have a clue how to reply to your specific circumstances.

I'm British, married to a solicitor - and I have no idea!

I respectfully suggest you go to the CAB on Monday, put your questions to them, and/or seek legal advice from your solicitor.