My ex won't leave my house

I wonder if anyone can advice. I have lived alone for the past 10 years since my son left home. Two years ago I met a wonderful lady and we hit it off straight away. *She moved in soon after and foolishly we got a joint mortgage . After a year flaws began to appear and she said she wanted to split if I didn't make more of an effort. I agreed as I knew she was not right for me as she was very moody and on occasion got violent * We agreed that I would buy her out and I got a solicitor who made an offer to her. *Unfortunately she has since changed her mind and is doing everything to win me back from begging letters, texts, threatening to end her life , crying on the phone *. *I have stayed strong but she then*became abusive and I had no choice but to move to my mums as living in the same house was not possible. She now turns up regularly causing trouble, sends me abusive messages and has been arrested on several occasions . *All I want to do is buy her out ( which I know I will lose loads of money but it's worth it to get rid of her). I want to go home as i feel i have been at my mums *far too long *Unfortunately she ignores the solicitor letters and appears to be intent on staying put. How can I get her to leave. I am still paying half the mortgage. I have had house valued and she knows what she is due. *She did get a solicitor and they did reply once to ask for more details but that was two months ago. I've been told I could take her to court but one of us would have to pay the costs. Would I have a fair chance of winning or would it be a disadvantage because I left the home? My solicitor says an occupation order would be expensive but I probably wouldn't get it as I live at my mums. *Advise please as I'm desperate.* Nick

Letters aren't working. We could have told you that! I suggest considering the following steps:

1) Give her written notice she must leave, and keep a copy (this is unlikely to make her comply but at least you create a written record). Keep it businesslike and very short

2) Reason with her, be nice, offer to help her pack. Offer vague hope that someday things may be better between you

3) See another solicitor about legal options

4) Move back in and re-establish your occupancy rights as it appears that will make eviction simpler

5) Study up on eviction law so you can do your own legal work. A possession order should not be that hard to get

Eviction of private tenants - Shelter England

• Author

Hi. Thanks for the reply. How ever she is on the mortgage and I am buying her out but she refuses to negotiate how much. Am I still able to issue an eviction order. Thanks

She is obligated on the mortgage, fine, but is she entitled on the deed? Two different things and only the deed implies ownership.

If she is truly a co-owner - which you probably need a solicitor to know for sure the extent of her rights and ownership - then you definitely do need legal help to force a partition/buyout.

Who Gets the House When an Unmarried Couple Splits Up? | Nolo.com

Blade999..you f***** up in 2 ways.

1. Getting a joint mortgage

2. Moving out.

Get your advice from a lawyer in your area.