Ex sends birthday and christmas cards

My ex-wife of six years who has been remarried now for one year. Always sends me a birthday card and christmas card every year but never calls and never wants to meet for coffee to just talk.

Why does she carry on this ex relationship?

I should add that she is the one who said that she didn't love me anymore and told me to move out of the house back in 2006

Any input would be appreciatedicon12.gif

if you love her, fight for her. Every woman wants to feel important. She might not know it but she still has feelings for you. She is flaunting her life to you and trying to make you jealous. You don't want to make her cheat on her husband though. Figure out where you are first. If you dont love her or want her back then ignore it. If you dont know, figure it out before you do anything. But if youre madly in love with her still then win her back. Start by sending her christmas and birthday cards and then send flowers. Its tricky because she has a husband and its not fair to him. But if the feelings are mutual then itll all be worth it and if she is over you then you tried and you have no regrets. Good luck!

Though i haven't spoken or seen my ex for three years now, and that she does not return the favor, I always send her a BDay card of some sort.

She is the one that left, but I guess i see it as a small way of honoring what was, and probably in a small way, just a reminder that i still exist, even if she would prefer to pretend that I don't. She is the one that left though, so i don't know if I am being of much help.

TOJAZ

My ex-wife of six years who has been remarried now for one year. Always sends me a birthday card and christmas card every year but never calls and never wants to meet for coffee to just talk.

Why does she carry on this ex relationship?

I should add that she is the one who said that she didn't love me anymore and told me to move out of the house back in 2006

Any input would be appreciatedicon12.gif

She doesn't hate or dislike you.

She likely has platonic affection for you.

She seems to want to wish you well on both these special days, let you know she's thinking of you, but is doing so with clear boundary in place

so as not to give you false hope.

Try not to read more into it than that.

I enjoy a warm relationship with my ex but getting back together isn't anything either of us is interested in.

If her sending the cards keeps you stuck, consider asking her to stop in the interest in you closing the door completely and moving on.

Edited by cerridwen
  • Like 2
She doesn't hate or dislike you.

She likely has platonic affection for you.

She seems to want to wish you well on both these special days, let you know she's thinking of you, but is doing so with clear boundary in place

so as not to give you false hope.

Try not to read more into it than that.

I enjoy a warm relationship with my ex but getting back together isn't anything either of us is interested in.

If her sending the cards keeps you stuck, consider asking her to stop in the interest in you closing the door completely and moving on.

I agree. It has been more than 5 years. Both of you have moved on. Don't read too much into it.

• Like 1

I agree. It is possible to remain friends with exes. I'm an example of one who will be sending a bday card on her bday. Only to acknowledge that it's her special day. I would do this for any friend...

• Like 1