Now I really feel lonely

Green Light

My wife and I have been separated for three months now. I've been keeping busy and feeling pretty good but then last night I was driving through the city and on the crowded sidewalk I noticed a guy holding his hand on the small of his girlfriend's/wife's back and when I saw that I realized how alone I am now and how, other than handshakes and quick hugs, I have not touched another human in three months. I used to hold my hand on the small of my wife's back when we were in public. Isn't it funny how seeing a little thing like that can throw you back into a depression?

tears_in_rain

Take it easy fella. Everyone with a heart knows how you must feel. I certainly do.

How about you best friends or close family. Anyone around to give you a loving and friendly big man hug ? Or a close female friend or relative to give you a long supportive one ?

I'm three months in to this s*** too and its no walk in the park. As I'm sure you're aware there are bad days and not so bad days. Hit a run of those and you'll feel almost....happy. Bottom line is that you got to keep yourself busy and you mind distracted.

I read a few of your posts. Is your wife still acting depressed, negatively, critical etc. It soundly like you were sick of taking crap from her. What cause did you give if any to make her act this way ?

I understand. It is hard. I can remember going to Walmart and it seemed as if everyone were couples. I could barely get to the car without sobbing. Horrible. It does get better.

{{{HUGS}}}

• Author
Green Light
Take it easy fella. Everyone with a heart knows how you must feel. I certainly do.

How about you best friends or close family. Anyone around to give you a loving and friendly big man hug ? Or a close female friend or relative to give you a long supportive one ?

Sadly, I don't have anyone in real life to talk to about my problems or give me a hug. My family aren't really "huggers" and although my family has been very helpful through this difficult time they aren't the easiest people to talk to about emotional things. So I've been keeping busy and trying to be as social as I can but sometimes the emotional stuff comes back up, like last night, and the depression starts.

I'm three months in to this s*** too and its no walk in the park. As I'm sure you're aware there are bad days and not so bad days. Hit a run of those and you'll feel almost....happy. Bottom line is that you got to keep yourself busy and you mind distracted.

I'm glad that you are coming through your difficult time. I did read you threads on here.

I have been proud of myself the way I have been keeping busy and distracted. The last time I went through a break up I was an absolute mess. Not so much this time. Now is just some down days instead of down weeks.

I read a few of your posts. Is your wife still acting depressed, negatively, critical etc. It soundly like you were sick of taking crap from her. What cause did you give if any to make her act this way ?

We still talk on the phone a few times a week. She has been acting slightly nicer but not nice enough for me to go back. I don't think that she would have a problem with me moving back but I don't feel like going back to her negativity anymore.

The biggest gripe that she had with me was that I couldn't find a job. I tried. I sent out resumes, tried to get jobs through friends and relatives and got nothing. She got mad about this even though I was paying for half of everything[as we always agreed upon] with money that I was making through a side business. My biggest gripe with her was that she was critical and not affectionate and she did NOTHING to work on these things. In fact she would say "well that's just how it is."