wearing Wedding ring again after 7 months separation from wife and dating me!

oky, i am dating this guy who has been separated for a while (i am too) and he is gone on a ship so we send each other pictures....well, lately in the past few weeks the pictures that he sends me he has his ring on.....so i asked him about it and he said that he just wore it like it was an accessory...bull, because he has another ring that isn't his wedding ring that he wears....so I want to dump him and probably I will, but what is going on here? He has been talking about how we are getting closer and we actually have, so what is the point on wearing you ring after 7 months of separation and a girlfriend unless you and that person are getting back together? Help!

He's still married. He wears his wedding ring, because he is a married man. He has seperated from his wife, and reconciled with himself that he is dating you. However, he's still married. You can get extremely close to him, but she will always be a part of his life.

Ditto, whay Dyer said above ... he's a married man. Married men usually (not always tho) wear wedding rings. If you're satisfied to live your life as his "girl on the side," it shouldn't matter to you what jewelery he wears. Besides, wearing a big ol' sign on his forehead that says "I'm married" may not be his style ...

You say that he's on a ship (Navy? cruise ship?), so I'm guessing that he's frequently away from home, and surrounded by people he doesn't know well, if at all. Maybe the wedding ring makes it easier to fend off advances from other women (esp. if he works on a cruise ship)?

His explanation seems a bit lame though. A wedding ring is a symbol of one's marriage, and if that marriage is over and dead in his eyes then I can't imagine why he would want to wear it as an accessory.

You need to run--not walk-- to the nearest exit of this relationship. This man is not only legally married, but quite likely still having a full marital relationship with his wife.

Just an accesory? HAHAHA!! Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Please end this now. You'll only be setting yourself up for major heartache if you stay with him.

• Author

yeah, we are both military...and guess what, I'm still married! But my husband took both my wedding rings so that I couldn't pawn them....but my point is, if the relationship is over, wtf is up with the ring? But, I think honestly that he did it because we are getting close....so I think it was to ward other women off.....this love thing sucks.....girl on the side? Please, not me....she is all the way in Oregon and we are in Virginia.....I like him, but it ain't that serious...I just like him...but I was wondering what was up with that...I told him that maybe we should just be friends because I hate drama, and he got sad and said that we should still be together...whatever.....its fun while it lasts because I most definitely don' t want anything serious in my life for at the least the next four years (my marriage was horrible and I am only 23 and thats how long i have been married)....so, we'll see what happens.....but in the meanwhile, I will keep it like it has been so far....not investing a whole lot into the whole relationship thing with him because there are too many men out there to be stuck on one guy that still wears his wedding ring....yuck.