Divorce/Affair Fog

My W is in the middle of an affair. I have done a lot of research on affair fog. They say not to believe half of what they say. She first told me she wanted a divorce. I was devastated about it. But she said she wanted to wait until next year so it wouldn't ruin our taxes. I thought that was kinda weird coming from someone who wanted a divorce so badly. After that she has told me many more times about divorce. Finally I was tired of it and told her to go file right now. She said she would the next day. I waited three weeks for the papers. Nothing ever came. I asked her about it and she said she didn't cause she doesnt have the money. My question is does she even want a divorce? Is it like a defense so I stay away and not ruin her so called fantasy. Is she hanging on to me for the security. Also we have been separated for the past 7 weeks.

They say not to believe half of what they say.

I would amend that to "not believe any of what they say." Actions are the only thing you can count on.

Good luck with your journey here. I'm 1.5 months into mine. I have initiated the D process, fog or no fog.

• 4 weeks later...
Shane Jimison

You can file for an uncontested divorce if you have no assets. It depends on which state you live in, you may have to be legally separated for a certain amount of time. Check with a lawyer located near you to be sure. Uncontested divorces are the cheapest, fastest way to divorce in the event that there aren't assets or debts to dispute.

• 6 months later...
  • Author
lastrayden

Hello everyone. It's been awhile since I've been on here. My divorce has been finalized as of last Thursday. I appreciate all the input that everyone gave to me. Right now I'm trying to move on day to day. Some days are easier than others. My ex pretty much received everything she wanted in our divorce case including the kids. So I have been screwed by her and the court system. I know things will look up as time goes on. I have moved back to my home state for my job. I have found a new person. She is younger, hotter, and the sex is absolutely amazing. She treats me very well and has lifted my spirit a lot. We are taking it day by day.

As far as my ex goes, I haven't heard much of anything. I do know that she is living with OM and his mom and dad. Hahaha. WOW. As far as I'm concerned it can't be great. It's been eight months and their little fantasy should be falling fast. I periodically check to see if he has filed for divorce yet but he hasn't neither has his wife. Pretty good stuff. I do feel bad for my ex cause I've moved on, the OM got what he wanted and she will be there like a dumbass. Maybe she will learn her lesson. It's just me and the kids from now on. Thanks again everyone. You all helped me so much. God bless.

• Like 1