Question about post-divorce mortgage loan issue

Hi there. I am having a problem that I am hoping someone has been through and can offer some advice. I live in California. Divorced since last December. 2 years ago, after separation, I QuickClaimed the residence to my ex-wife. I rent a different house now. Last November, she decided to stop paying the mortgage. The loan is through CitiMortgage. I recently found out by accident that she has succeeded in getting approved for the Fannie Mae Alternative Mortgage Program. She has now gone through the trail period and been approved for the program. As I understand it, the outstanding monies owed, $25K plus attorney fees, that she did not pay, get tagged onto the priciple. To me, this means the loan is getting modified. We are both borrowers on the loan. I have been in contact with Citimortgage. Of course, my question to them was how she could do this without any approval or signiture required from me. It seems the QuickClaim overrides the need for my signature. The only options, as per CitiMortgage, to get me off the loan is ReFi (she can't qualify), or, she assumes the loan (pay the 25K now and sign me off) or, we both sign a Release of Liability package (again, she brings the loan current, $25K now). She refuses to bring the loan current, claiming to not be able to, although she just received $60K from my retirement, so I know she has the funds.

I've contacted my attorney again, but cannot believe that CitiMortgage will not remove me from the loan, even though I no longer own the property, nor do I live there. It seems I have absolutely no rights. Over the past year, she has also damaged my credit rating by letting the loan go delinquint. The house was in foreclosure, btw, and was scheduled for public sale today, but she has managed to get that pushed out until next November as well.

Has anyone been through this? I would appreciate ANY help at all. I know my ex. She will keep me on that loan forever. Please help!!

I did not do this, but was going to buy my H out and get him to sign a quit claim, however, I discovered that he would still be on the mortgage(s), so I did not do it. I ran across this website http://www.themortgagehouse.com/faqs.php?cat=48 and although I am not in California (and the information from the website is), it was helpful in my search for answers.

A friend of mine went through this and her story did not end like yours, but if she had not mentioned it to me, I would not have known this.

Good luck. It sounds like a mess.