LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Separation and Divorce

So I asked for a divorce... now what?

Separation and Divorce Considering ending your marriage? Going through a divorce? Let us know!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th July 2011, 12:24 PM   #1

So I asked for a divorce... now what?

So I live in California. I just asked my wife for a divorce, and after much crying, it seems that this is where we are headed. We have two children, not a lot of property or money, and I don't think it will turn ugly and bitter.

I want to make sure my kids lives are impacted very little, I want my soon to be ex wife to be able to be as comfortable through this process as possible.

Is there a thread somewhere on this site or some other site that has a good step by step guide for all parties involved in this process. Things to help sort out the process as it pertains to California if possible, financial issues, emotional issues, good positive advice about making the best of a bad situation. It's easy to find all sorts of bad stories and outcomes, I need to try and stay as positive as possible about this.
guiltofone is offline   Reply With Quote