how does legal seperation work. Husband wants one, I do not.

Hi, I'm new here. My husband and I have been married for 7 years. We have 2 small children together, 4 & 6. He says he doesn't know how he feels and that it would be best if me and the kids moved home (which is 962 miles away), and we get a legal seperation while he works out his issues. We've been fighting over this for the past month when I did leave and got one hour away and he asked me to come back. We've already been apart for 2 years of our marriage. He keeps saying that he will honestly work on this but then doesn't. Says he has this wall up and he can't break it down. His fear is that we will keep going in this circle.

I do Not want this seperation, or divorce but I also can't sit back and watch him go on like nothing is wrong. If he could honestly say no, he doesn't love me, and doesn't want me then fine. I done what I could. But my confusion is with him, the fact that he says he doesn't know but acts as if everything is fine.

I need advice and need to know how legal seperation works? Especially if you are 962 miles away, and he is military.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

confused2004

You probably have some sort of military family resource centre which should be able to provide you with a contact for legal counsel. Different places have different laws so you need to get specific information for your area.