Question about counceling from post earlier

I've been thinking about the counceling session my wife and I attended which I told about in an earlier post. (can love be restored even after she says she doesnt love you anymore?) The councelor just blew me off and wants to continue seeing my wife alone. Is that strange or is it common place? Shouldnt I be there? After all this is my marriage they will be talking about. Why should I be excluded? Is this councelor trying to help our marriage or just trying to help my wife cope? Does anyone have any insight?

It is not unusual. If this is supposed to be your counsellor, too, why not speak to that person and ask your questions?

You say you began to behave inappropriately to your wife. Depending on the nature of your misconduct, she may be traumatized. As I understand it, one can be traumatized by many things, not just earth-shattering events. Your wife may need help to heal from the trauma before she will be able to work on the marriage. As I recall, you were told to not contact your wife, which also seems to point to trauma issues. You are eager to solve this, but time is a very great healer and it needs to be allowed to do its work. Follow the counsellor's advice and, in the meantime, continue to work on your own issues. If you turn up for marriage counselling a changed man, you might yet repair this situation.

• Author

Your insight and advice was very helpful. I am doing nothing but working on myself to become a better person and husband. I just hope my wife decide to try also.

I would like some others insight also please