Off the fence

I have decided, after 9 years of marriage, I am separating from my husband. I got tired of being on the fence for 5 years, trying to make a decision on whether to stay or leave. The fact that I've been on the fence so long says I'm just scared to do what I know I need to do.

Last February my husband had an affair. He says ONS but I tend to believe that is not true. He refused to share any information about the OW. All I have are her panties that made its way into his suitcase and eventually into my laundry. After asking repeatedly for him to reveal who the individual is, he refuses.

After a lot of soul searching, I decided to leave.. I actually applied for an apartment and will be moving in mid October. I know things are not going to be easy, but I tend to move on quickly and I keep reminding myself that he's more concerned with this other woman than our marriage. It actually provides me some comfort knowing I've made the right decision.

Does he know all this?

Is he aware you're moving out soon?

What's his take on this?

What's happening to the children?

Are they aware of what's going on?

Good... The ******* kept the panties? He refuses to discuss it openly and honestly? He is a serial cheater and I doubt very much that this is a one-and-done deal... Get checked for STD's... and dont worry about letting your H know exactly what/when your plans are...

(The OP has also had affairs.... read the threads.... this one really needs to just end.)

GorillaTheater
(The OP has also had affairs.... read the threads.... this one really needs to just end.)

Agreed. But like you, I wonder what the plan is regarding the kids.

• Author

Hi

Yes, I did have 2 RAs after finding out about my husband's affair. This is something I painfully regret. I wish I could take that back. We are going to a mediator and will be doing joint custody.