A thin line between love and hate

Not sure where to put this one...

Long story short, we got in a fight over his insane jealousy (I've never done one thing wrong), and my stupidity for not knowing what size cups I needed to buy so he could package the maggots for his bait store. I guess I left my crystal ball at home.

The next morning, after I had just worked all day, then put in another 5 at his bait store, I accidently slept through the alarm. He was up, but just refused to say "hey, get up or you'll be late". I ended up being two hours late.

I got up saying "I can't believe you wouldn't make sure I'm f'kng up". (Yes, I know my fault)

He tells me, it's not his responsibility to make sure I am up, which is true, but I feel it would just be a common courtesy and he also tells me "I am not half the woman that I think I am".

What does this mean guys? I am not half the woman I think I am? I know I am not all that, I don't pretend to be and I'm not afraid to admit it.

All this people as he's walking out of a spotlessly clean house, lunch that I packed in his hand, with clean clothes on his back

and I had also baked his damn lasagna the night before that he wanted so bad.

Here's my conflict.....

One minute he can really be the most loving, caring, thoughtful man who I love more than life. He takes care of me physically and financially if I need it. He can be my best friend and I swear he's the love of my life.

The next, he is the most self-centered, hateful, verbally abusive a**h*** that ever walked the planet.

I have said "I hate you/him" on more than one occasion.

Now what I am trying to figure out is do I really hate this man somehow? Is it just angry words? Do "I" have a problem?

Or am I as crazy as he is?

God I love him one day, but I hate him the next, he's like Jekyll and Hyde.

Has anyone ever said something like this in a relationship?

take it to theropy. I'm not jokeing. run it by him, and take it to theropy.

*shrug* just my advise

Vixen :bunny:

There are lots of relationships like this and, believe it or not, they sometimes last the longest because they keep the parties hopping. What you're in is an approach-avoidance relationship. Your guy is moody and if you want to stay with him you'll just have to try to understand him. This is the way he is and my bet that a guy who packages maggots for a living is not going to change much. He hasn't been eating any of those things like they do on TV, has he???

• Author
He hasn't been eating any of those things like they do on TV, has he???

Nooo, but I'm thinking of making him some for dinner tonight!!!

HokeyReligions

Sounds pretty normal to me. If you didn't love him you wouldn't care or hurt so much sometimes!

I still sometimes tell my husband I can't stand him, I think I hate him, I don't know whatever possessed me to marry him, but the phrase I use most is: "I love you in spite of yourself, now leave me ALONE" :)

Sometimes we have to tolerate the moodiness, but sometimes, when our partners finally realize and UNDERSTAND how their moods, actions, words, tone of voice, makes us feel - they (we) can make some adjustments in our presentation of ourselves and it doesn't have to be a compromise. Alas, that's another fine line.

Communication is key, don't let hurt feelings or resentment build up. If you need to talk to a counselor (together or alone) do it to help you sort this out.