Confused - and don't know what to do

Alright..i am really confused. I am 33 years old and have been married to my wife for 5 years. We have two lovely boys and they are 3.5 years and 20 months old. The boys mean everything too me. I currently enjoy being able to spend the days with them while my wife works. Then I go to work 5 nights of week. I feel that my wife is very jealous of this fact and resents me for this. Also we have not been close for over 20 months. Not even holding hands. Every 5 months or so she gets depressed. Last time I told her I love her and asked her if she loved me and she said yes she loved me, but wasn't in love with me. That she was very lonely. Again she is getting depressed more often now. Today she wouldn't talk to me and I said she was unhappy and that the boys and I do not make her happy. I also feel like I am just living with a friend, and not a friend that I even confide in anymore. We don't yell or scream at each other. We just don't talk. I know that we will be debt free in about 9 months, except for our car loan. Which I will be stuck with. I am really considering ending our marriage...as I am also lonely...and feel that our relationship is not a good example for our boys, but then I am also torn because I love being with my boys..and being away from them is going to tear me apart..although I will like rent a place within walking distance of them. I just don't know what to do. We having slept in the same bed for a very long time...we just don't do much. Even when we go to a movie together we don't hold hands...just doesn't feel like anything is there. Just very confused..and scared on what the future holds.

There is a sad lack of meaningful communication in your relationship. I strongly urge you and your wife to seek counselling from a highly competent therapist. I think your marriage can be saved if you both work on it.

You are right that you shouldn't stay together for the sake of the children. They don't deserve to be in a hollow home. However, I think the passion can be restored to your marriage...only if both of you want that to happen.

If you had communicated feelings all along, you would have been able to resolved all the difficulties, jealousies, misunderstandings, etc. that have gotten your marriage to where it is today. Don't ever make that mistake again.