Valentines day...

Just wondering what everyone has planned for Valentine's day. I'm kind of wishing there wasn't a Valentines day. Last year around VDay my X fiance left me alone on that day and didn't even wish me a happy VDay and wouldn't answer his phone. Just brings up bad memories.

How do you cope through this holiday?

Same here, no different from every other year is how I think about it. My ex rarely did anything nice, last year I bought my own perfume at his request, he couldn't even be bothered to go out and choose something for me. It's not like I am difficult to buy for, all he had to do was go to a depatment store and get some cosmetics or perfume or a jellery store and get me a bead for my braclet.

One year he bought me a necklace I had specifically said I did not like, just b/c he liked it. Yet every year I really put in the effort. My ex liked sweets (candy), proper childrens sweets and I would go out buy a huge box and fill it with all his favourites, sometimes ordering them espically on the web to get types no longer avaliable form his childhood.

This year, well, in realtiy it's no different is it hun? Do something for yourself, get a massage or manicure or a new perfume, treat yourself as you would someone you love, you deserve it.

I have nothing planned for Valentine's Day. I'm trying to find something to do, but so far it's just going to be another day.

I feel for you, gorgeousgirl, and I wish I had some advice or something to say.

It's going to be hard for me, because last V-day my ex and I went to the city, stayed in a nice hotel, went out on the town, she wore her little black dress and looked so pretty.

That was the night I proposed to her. She said yes. Then dumped me in October.

Just know it will be a difficult day for many people. It always is. Find something to do to take your mind off the day. After all, it's just another day, and there are thousands of things you could be doing instead of pining for someone who isn't worth your time anyway.

You take care of yourself, and know that you are not alone.

And on that day, if you need someone to talk to, post on this forum and I'll reply. Because chances are I'll be here too. It's going to be rough.

curiousnycgirl

I was thinking of burying my head in the sand somewhere. Unfortunately all the stores have already put up their VD displays.

Oh well I guess this year I'll survive without my 25 extra long stem roses - yup I can live with out them.

Blindsidedagainalive

It's a hallmark holiday, created to make money.

We should exchange thoughts/gifts of caring throughout the year.

V-day is just a money making enterprise.

curiousnycgirl
It's a hallmark holiday, created to make money.

We should exchange thoughts/gifts of caring throughout the year.

V-day is just a money making enterprise.

All true - but since I'm not getting any gifts throughout the year either and I sort of need my head, I may as well only bury it for one day a year.

mee too...............by the way VD here in blighty means a whole other thing...........................venerial desease! hhahah got choclit and a bottle of bubblr have a bubble bath with ipod then a chic flick, if your a guy,,,,,,,,, beer, curry, fart and laugh, scratch your bollies and veg.

my work is done......ahhh

Nobby xx

I remember in college having an anti-valentines night out with the girls. Maybe you could get together with some single friends and go dancing. Host a dinner party where everyone brings a dish for the feast.

I'm scared for the day as well. I think we will likely do something as long we're on the path of considering reconciliation but it will be very low key.

My Dday was Feb 12, last year. For Vday, he got me some generic bubble bath and lotion. Caramel scent, I recall. In the trunk of his car was the gift for his MOW. She got the good Body Shop stuff, a whole flippin' basket full. Expensive, good stuff.

This year, there is no fella in my life. But, it brings me to the year anniversary of when the sh*t went down. I survived.

Yeah...I can agree with most...Valentine's was a nothing type of day for me too....typically ended with angst...breakfast was served with yelling and screaming..unless I served it. Maybe that was why I was fine when Valentine's fell on a workday.

The last V day ex and son got me a valentine's necklace...AND, I might add...gave it to me 3 days early in the parking lot....(God...reminds me of my engagement ring). Basically, I can't recall any Valentine's that was ever memorable....

Just wondering what everyone has planned for Valentine's day. I'm kind of wishing there wasn't a Valentines day. Last year around VDay my X fiance left me alone on that day and didn't even wish me a happy VDay and wouldn't answer his phone. Just brings up bad memories.

How do you cope through this holiday?

Kind of hard every year for me, Valentine's day is my Birthday...lol. Its sucks bigtime

My Dday was Feb 12, last year. For Vday, he got me some generic bubble bath and lotion. Caramel scent, I recall. In the trunk of his car was the gift for his MOW. She got the good Body Shop stuff, a whole flippin' basket full. Expensive, good stuff.

This year, there is no fella in my life. But, it brings me to the year anniversary of when the sh*t went down. I survived.

Mine was vday 5 years ago. We never celebrated vday during our marriage because it was "too commercialized, it doesn't prove my love to you" bull**** excuse from the exh. So him leaving on vday was a HUGE slap in the face and when I asked him why he left that day of all days? "I didn't know it was Valentine's". What a jerk.

But from that day forward, I vowed to never ever let myself depend on another to make me feel loved, and I've ALWAYS celebrated vday and spoiled myself. It's become my "liberation" day.

I show my affection throughout the year. Little gifts, surprises. She might get a card on VD, we might go out to dinner or stay in. VD is over rated in my book. But to be purporsely left alone on VD, is not very thoughtful.

Yeah...I can agree with most...Valentine's was a nothing type of day for me too....typically ended with angst...breakfast was served with yelling and screaming..unless I served it. Maybe that was why I was fine when Valentine's fell on a workday.

The last V day ex and son got me a valentine's necklace...AND, I might add...gave it to me 3 days early in the parking lot....(God...reminds me of my engagement ring). Basically, I can't recall any Valentine's that was ever memorable....

Well trip, you got given your engaement ring in a car park (parking lot)? I got proposed to in a car park. Guess it just goes to show that maybe us both overlooking these "thoughtless" acts on our exes parts was not such a good move :rolleyes: we'll both be more vigilant and not so quick to excuse in future hey?

Think of it as just another day, it shouldn't be up to someone else to make you feel loved or special, its up to you. Do something for yourself.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones & I'll be celebrating 1 year dating with my girlfriend.

That was the day we first went out. Funny story because I didn't even know it was Vday.

I just had planned a day & someone said; you know that's Vday? I said; nope didn't know that but we went anyway. Found out it was the day her ex had proposed to her so she was glad to be out doing something.

She did suggest we change the day which is fine with me so we are actually going out Saturday (12th I think) after church just like we did one year ago.

She thought that was a better idea.

Just like others here I try & do nice things for her all the time, I remember the first time I gave her flowers she said; why did you do that. I just said; because I can...

I understand it is a made up holiday but I still will get her something small.

I don't have anybody & i'm really ok with that.

If one of my lady friends step up then cool.

it'll just move them up a spot on the list of women I plan to ask out when my divorce is final. :)

Otherwise i've spent V-day alone. it's much better than spending it with someone just for the sake of not spending it alone.

I shall be spending it with a massive choclit cake a bottle of gin and a card I posted to meeeeeeee 3 days earlier!!!!!

Only jocking.............no card!

I have always thought valentines say was wrong. Why just focus on one day to show your affection? Lowly didnt bother to even show he liked me for 2 years before he walked out and I always thought it was a joke he bought me a card when the other 364 days previous he had no love or respect for me!!

GIn and LS for me darlings just like new year.........Better get some in I feel

chin chin

nobby xxxxxxxxx

First date - valentines day 6 years ago.

Engagement - valentines day 4 years ago.

Wedding anniversary is the 26th of this month.

I will be celebrating Valentines with my good friends Jack and Vic.