divorce and feelings

Well I posted here once before and got a lot of good response and for that i would like to thank everyone. But I have an unususal question. I just found out that my husband has cheated on me during our marriage. Now with everything I have been through--him asking for the divorce, his rehab with drinking, his lack of involvement with the kids you think this would bother me but I have absolutely no feelings about this what so ever. Yes I wonder about this but to be honest I think this is the meanest thing I have found out, no alimony no support but once I hinted to him what I knew he decided to pay for child support which he didn't have to by law(she is 18) what an admission of guilt . But that isn't the point , what I am wondering is why I am not crushed by this fact, why I really don't care and that I just want this over with. has anyone else had these feelings.. I hope so. Thanks for the help

YOU ASK: "... what I am wondering is why I am not crushed by this fact, why I really don't care and that I just want this over with. has anyone else had these feelings."

After somebody has hurt you so much and there has been so much pain, you get over it and what they do after that point...or what you learn they have done in the past...affects you not even in the slightest. It sounds like you're pretty well over him and that's great. Congratulations. Nothing he does in the future will make any difference to you either...and that's the way it should be.

You should stay out of his life from this point forward...as much as possible.

You probably went through the pain, while still together. You've already processed it.

• 4 months later...

My husband and I have just separated. I won't go into the reasons why, posted yesterday. Once I told a certain family member of our plans to separate, I was told that my husband had cheated on me on three occasions. Twice (one nighters) during each of my pregnancies and another time not so long ago. The last one was more than once. I don't understand why i am not crushed either. I don't see any reason why this person would make such a thing up. In fact, he would have more to lose (he may have some skeletons in his closet that would come out). My husband always raved about how attractive he found me when I was pregnant and how much he loved and desired me. My sex drive was low though so maybe he did cheat. I have not confronted him with what I know. He would only deny it anyway and I'll never know the truth. Maybe I am in denial that it ever happened.

Sorry I don't have any answers for you. Maybe part of it is that it just doesn't matter anymore. The feelings of love that we had for them are no longer the same so we can't be as hurt as if we still loved them like that???