I am ready to date again :-)

It is now a few weeks that my husband and I have separated. We are both so happy I wonder why we didn't do this sooner! Everything has gone very smoothly and amicably so far (knock on wood). We are putting together a separation agreement, selling our house, and splitting our assets. Given that I was the only one who worked for the past 7 years, all the assets are technically mine. But, whatever... I can't fight the law and I guess he had some contribution too, even if it was just cooking the dinner or taking the garbage out.

So now, I am ready to date again! I feel excited about it. I am not looking for a relationship yet. Too soon I think. I have started working on myself and I need some time to get somewhere with that before I get into a relationship. I have an appointment with a therapist next week to try to deal with this guilt issue that I constantly have. I have found out that deep down inside I feel like I do not deserve to be happy. It is as if I believe that my happiness, will bring other people pain (long family history.. my dad used to get mad if we were too happy saying we were selfish and didn't care for him and the fact that he was so miserable!!) So, I have work to do... I am also thinking about changes in my career and even relocation ... I am really happy and look forward to this new chapter of my life. My ex is happy too. He came over for dinner last night. He told me about his plans and I thanked god that he is not my husband any more because of course instead of planning to look for a job he is planning to travel all over the world for two months! I guess he is planning to spend his half of the assets quickly and then god knows do what... With his luck, I am sure another person will appear out of the blue who will take care of him... Glad that is not my problem any more.

Anyways, thought I'd share some good news here. Maybe it will inspire some people that there is light at the end of the tunnel. It feels great to live by yourself. Whenever I remember happy moments of our life with my ex, I smile and thank God for having the opportunity to experience them. I don't get sad. Why should I? I hope you all treat separation that way. The memory of good moments shared should only give you energy and make you grateful. No regrets.. no sadness... here I go :D

Wish you all the same happiness.. hang in there my friends..