a random text message

Cranialrupture

Ok guys, I dont know why this is bothering me because I know I need to keep moving forward but I guess its more of a curiosity thing. But tomorrow will be 4 weeks since she left me, with the whole "I'm not happy and don't love you anymore" spill. So I have been working my butt off trying to focus on myself and my kids. Sometimes I am happy as a clam other times I get depressed and down but I fight with myself to keep moving forward and to get happy. So I picked up the kids tonight, was polite and kept a smile on my face and so on. I took the kids to a halloween block party for a couple hours, then after we get home I get a text from her that says

"Thank you for all that you ever gave me and for all that we ever had, you will always have a place in my heart, no one can ever take away, change or replace what we had. I hope with all my heart you can forgive me for leading you on for so long and that you are able to be truely happy where ever life takes you. thank you again."

So part of me wants to say she is feeling sorry for leaving me and might be regretting it, but the other part of me is saying that this is her way of a final farewell. I have not responded, nor do I plan to. I know I need to keep focusing on myself and my kids and keep moving forward but as many of you already know the battle that we fight with ourselves during times like these. So what do you guys think, is there a hidden message in it or is it as plain as it sounds that she is really saying farewell and hopes my life to be a happy one? I am going to keep moving forward and try to ignore it per say, but my curiosity or the raging battle in my head won't let me ignore it at the moment.

UrKillinMeSmalls
Ok guys, I dont know why this is bothering me because I know I need to keep moving forward but I guess its more of a curiosity thing. But tomorrow will be 4 weeks since she left me, with the whole "I'm not happy and don't love you anymore" spill. So I have been working my butt off trying to focus on myself and my kids. Sometimes I am happy as a clam other times I get depressed and down but I fight with myself to keep moving forward and to get happy. So I picked up the kids tonight, was polite and kept a smile on my face and so on. I took the kids to a halloween block party for a couple hours, then after we get home I get a text from her that says

"Thank you for all that you ever gave me and for all that we ever had, you will always have a place in my heart, no one can ever take away, change or replace what we had. I hope with all my heart you can forgive me for leading you on for so long and that you are able to be truely happy where ever life takes you. thank you again."

So part of me wants to say she is feeling sorry for leaving me and might be regretting it, but the other part of me is saying that this is her way of a final farewell. I have not responded, nor do I plan to. I know I need to keep focusing on myself and my kids and keep moving forward but as many of you already know the battle that we fight with ourselves during times like these. So what do you guys think, is there a hidden message in it or is it as plain as it sounds that she is really saying farewell and hopes my life to be a happy one? I am going to keep moving forward and try to ignore it per say, but my curiosity or the raging battle in my head won't let me ignore it at the moment.

She is searching for closure and relief from guilt for herself by making a statement like that to you. Someone who doesn't love you, and wasn't happy with you in the end would not say something like that to you with noble intentions, or a goal of making you feel better. That message was all about her. Do yourself a favor and follow your own advice... don't respond to it. Just keep living your life and keep being strong, most importantly be strong in front of her.

If she's searching for closure that means she doesn't feel complete or whole about the situation, she may even be regretful. Give her nothing, no kind of validation, no comfort, no response, nothing.

You have been strong and amiccable so far, just keep that up, and don't play into any other messages she might send your way like this. Deny her the closure she doesn't feel yet. Deny her relief of the guilt she no doubt feels. You will come out on top in the end, I promise you.

Edited by UrKillinMeSmalls