I'd like to dismiss the divorce I filed but now she won't cooperate

Carwhisperer

I filed for divorce on June 18th. She filed a response on July 1st but no hearing was set. I realized I made a mistake about 3 weeks ago and asked her to get back together 2 weeks ago. I tried to file a dismissal but found that I need her signature to file it. Apparently, I can request a hearing to have the dissolution dismissed without her signature. She has an attorney and I don't. What are the chances of me winning this effort to have the case dismissed without her signature?

Slim to none.

And 'Slim" he just left town!

Not what you wanted to hear? But there it is!

Just noticed you live in CA! :eek:

Make that "Slim to none ~ slim just left town"

And welcome to the first day of the rest of your life without her!

• Author
Carwhisperer

Thank you for the quick reply. How do you know this to be true, if you don't mind me asking?

Legally divorcing doesn't change anything about the human relationship. It merely severs the legal business tie.

IMO, I think you're being foolish not being represented by counsel if she is. Time to level the playing field.

Topically, you've sued her for divorce. She's filed a response. Regardless of any action you take, she can continue the suit. I'd have to check, but uncontested might have been reversible, but it's too late for that now. For the action to end, there has to be a meeting of the minds, or action by the court. That's my understanding as someone going through it right now...:)

Thank you for the quick reply. How do you know this to be true, if you don't mind me asking?

52 years of living.

12 years of marriage

6-1/2 years of shacking up

20 + years in the Marine Corps

4 + year of college

19 years since divorcing and reading and studying about:

Divorce,

Dating,

Relationships

Men and Women

Romance

Seduction

Sex

Law

Divorce law

Business

Business Law

Finance

Economics

Statistics

And many other subjects.

I only hold a bachelors degree in finance.

But I am a true scholar in that I pursue knowledge for knowledge's sake! I read ALOT!

I own a lot of books and have read a lot of them more than once ~ most non-fictional. In fact? I own very few fictional books.

I'm far from being an expert when it comes to relationships, marriage, etc.

But? I know a lot of things about a lot of things.

I've read the World book encyclopedia and the Britannica Encyclepedia cover to cover A~Z, twice. (When your on a ship for ship for six months? You'll do anything to kill the boredom)

Just noticed you live in CA! :eek:

Make that "Slim to none ~ slim just left town"

And welcome to the first day of the rest of your life without her!

Recent CA divorce case?

Wife and DH own a real estate company?

DH suspects something funny?

Hires a PI!

PI follows DW around for a couple of months.

Reports back that all she does is go to work, comes home, hangs with BF~GF at her house. They shop, they hang out, go to lunch, sunbath by the GF's pool!

Wife drops the bomb! I want a divorce, "I love you! But I'm not in love with you!" Yada, yada, yade!

They file!

He buys her out of the real estate business (before the crash) buys her out of the half million dollar home, is ordered to pay her $1500 a month in alimony payments.

After the divorce?

The XHEX moves in with the GF.

Turns out they're Lovers.

The CA Supreme Court rules that its cool for members of the same sex to be married!

The guy takes her back to court!

Argues that she's "re-married" and he's no longer obligated to pay alimony!

The court rules?

That he's on the hook until she either dies or marries a man!

Because the divorce went down, back before being gay was cool and legal!