The legalities of dating during separation

I separated from my husband, moved out after 26yrs. of marriage eight months ago. We have not consulted lawyers as yet but have signed and agreed upon a controlled separation. One of the terms of this agreement states that we are allowed to date. I have met a man and have gone out with him for dinner, movies, etc. several times. I am interested in continuing my relationship but I'm concerned about the possible legal ramifications of dating and possibly becoming serious, during separation and pending divorce proceedings. My husband has started to date as well. We have kept our separation/relationship amicable and have two grown children, one of whom lives with him and one with me. What are the basic rules/laws in New York State concerning the above?

This is not a legal forum and we are not attorneys. Giving legal opinions here would be a breach of law and expose this site to serious legal consequences. Please see your attorney with this question or post in a legal forum.

My own personal opinion, not based on any particular knowledge of law and not being an attorney, is that there is no reason you can't do anything you well please.

Why sign away your rights to date, if you are seperated. Now is the time to make a decision...stay or leave. Close this chapter of your life.