military-minded, alpha-male or dominant insight needed

I need the insight of a military-minded, alpha-male, or dominant type of personality.

My boyfriend,49, of 8 years broke up with me,37. He was contacted by his old highschool sweetheart about a year ago and started an affair. She is married. We went thru a horrible extended breakup period complete with false reconciliations, lies, arguments, the whole nine yards.

When I moved out, he left me a note saying he knows she will never understand him completely like I do. That he'll never be able to be himself with her because she wouldn't accept him as I do. Their sex will never be as intense as ours and is "marginal" at best. They will never have the friendship that we shared. And he knows that noone will love him as much as I do. But there is something that compels her to him and she is maternal.

He is from a strong Marines background - enlisted. Very alpha-male type. I know this has a lot to do with his thought processes. Once he decided to go this route and let me go, do you think he would EVER come back to me? Can or would he double-back? Is there anything I can do to facilitate it to happen?

I hope that you can help and provide insight.

sounds like he just jumping fences for now back and forth holding onto you while he spends time on the other side to see if he really likes it back home or not and i was army infantry so i understand the suck it up and drive on mentality. he may also be trying to blame you for it to draw out the things he isnt happy about in your relationship together my wife did that to me.

When I moved out, he left me a note saying he knows she will never understand him completely like I do. That he'll never be able to be himself with her because she wouldn't accept him as I do. Their sex will never be as intense as ours and is "marginal" at best. They will never have the friendship that we shared. And he knows that noone will love him as much as I do. But there is something that compels her to him and she is maternal.

His Marine background has nothing to do with this. He is basically letting you down easy. Trying to make you feel better about yourself and the fact that he is no longer interested in you. That way, hopefully you don't feel as bad towards him.

Irrespective, he has still left you.

I think you should move on with your life and have a strict policy of No Contanct. Erase his email, Get rid of his numbers. And just move on, Date when your ready, and if he calls you then maybe, but if he never calls then you've moved on

I need the insight of a military-minded, alpha-male, or dominant type of personality.

My boyfriend,49, of 8 years broke up with me,37. He was contacted by his old highschool sweetheart about a year ago and started an affair. She is married. We went thru a horrible extended breakup period complete with false reconciliations, lies, arguments, the whole nine yards.

He is from a strong Marines background - enlisted. Very alpha-male type. I know this has a lot to do with his thought processes. Once he decided to go this route and let me go, do you think he would EVER come back to me? Can or would he double-back? Is there anything I can do to facilitate it to happen?

I hope that you can help and provide insight.

Being a retired Marine?

No!

Marines are generally of the "Come Hell or High Water" types?

Once our minds are made up? We don't back down ~ even beyond the point of common sense? Even when our "cause" is hopeless and in doubt? We never give up, even when we get knocked down! We get up again! We're stupid in that way!