24 years marriage, now seperated follow up

Flyboy15601

Thanks guys for comments on previous post. As you know we have been married 24 years with two kids, 7 and 9, and have been seperated for 7 months. I did date a few times, and with the help of this group, broke all that off to concentrate on trying to save my marriage. We had a about 6 six weeks of really good communications and good times. I did tell her when we agreed to work on our marriage that i had dated, and she wasn't happy about it but we agreed to work through the issues with a marraige councelor.

We have had 5 weekly meetings with our MC that seemed to be going well until this week.She made comments like " i don't want to give up my freedom" and that i haven't changed, even though for the last 4 weeks she has said how impressed she was with the changes i have made. And she kept mentioning she was waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Well needless to say after we left the MC, she was really pissed and we are back to square one again.

The big issue with me has alwasy been to choose me first over her twin sister, which she said thats she does, but it doesn't show. Even the MC said that if you really want to work on your marriage, shouldn't you put him first? I think that what really got her mad is that I said," i have been saying this for 24 years to choose me over your family first". I don't want her to stop being with her family, but just prove to me that we come first and not her sister.

So i guess my question is how do you deal with this? Things were going along great, but are now back to talking about divorce. Of course we both believe that the kids come first.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. We are to see the MC again next week, but i am not sure she'll go. Or is she does, she be like last week, when she hardly said anything and walked out angry.