I'm gonna lose a good friend

Here's my story

My hub and i have had a wonderful friendship, and get along well. we don't really fight much - but we are chalk and cheese. we have been together 6 years and married for one (last sunday was our anniversary) and i am no longer in love with him - i love him as a friend, but not as a husband.

We seperated two years ago for 8 months for this exact reason and i left a wonderful man i was just getting to know to go back to him, because i wanted him to be happy. But i am not.

He is the epitome of tall dark and handsome, sweet and caring. he is a type 1 diabetic whom during two bad hypos i had to actually resuscitate. I panic about his condition and have tried so hard to cope with it. he cannot cope with my depression and thinks it's something i can snap out of!

so you can see - we're great mates but not partners and i am considering ending our marriage to set us both free to be who we should be not who we think we are, if you know what i mean.

Here's my story

My hub and i have had a wonderful friendship, and get along well. we don't really fight much - but we are chalk and cheese. we have been together 6 years and married for one (last sunday was our anniversary) and i am no longer in love with him - i love him as a friend, but not as a husband.

We seperated two years ago for 8 months for this exact reason and i left a wonderful man i was just getting to know to go back to him, because i wanted him to be happy. But i am not.

He is the epitome of tall dark and handsome, sweet and caring. he is a type 1 diabetic whom during two bad hypos i had to actually resuscitate. I panic about his condition and have tried so hard to cope with it. he cannot cope with my depression and thinks it's something i can snap out of!

so you can see - we're great mates but not partners and i am considering ending our marriage to set us both free to be who we should be not who we think we are, if you know what i mean.

Has he told you that he too is no longer in love with you?

I know he still loves me but i am not in love with him as i should be

I know this is going to sound so cliche...but...have you tried counseling? Did you ever find yourself in love with him? Were you ever attracted to him?

Chrome Barracuda

Then let him go. It is selfish and embarrassing to be married to a woman only to have her say: your just a friend. because the spark isnt there doesnt mean it doesnt exist inside you about him. What will happen is that he'll leave and then you'll miss him but by that timne he'll be gone.

Marriage is more than just friendship.

Why are you automatically saying he's a friend. Hes your husband for goddsakes!

Not just your friend.

I think if your husband wanted to leave you because he lost the romance aspect within the marriage about you too, you'd be pissed!

You are mad selfish and self absorbed. He doesnt need that. If you cant be truly the wife you should be maybe you should leave and let a real woman step in your shoes and handle him the way a a god man's supposed to be handled.

Cheers!!!

Hi, I am new to this forum and am curious after reading your message. Why do you think you lost the loving feeling for him? I ask this because my wife and I are seperated and heading for a divorce and she lost the feeling too only we are best friends and have amazing times together. She is still attracted to me, turned on by me, and loves hanging out with me, but does not want to be married to me. She lost the feeling when things went bad around our wedding time. I just don't understand how that feelig doesn't come back when things are better. Perhaps you can help.

Can you elaborate?

Yeah I want to know too. What is chalk and cheese? :confused:

I think losing attraction for your spouse is fairly normal. Especially when the novelty wears off and the reality sets in.

But I think it's only normal for people who aren't yet "ready" to be married but got married anyhow.