It happened... it actually happened

Just held the four-party conference with my ex today and we actually agreed on a settlement. I guess it will be only days before the judge signs and it will be official.

Not really sure why I'm posting... just in a bit of a daze and I feel very ambivalent. I have extreme feelings of relief mixed with extreme anxiety at the amount of money that I will owe from settlement. Money is only money, and I know in the end I will be able to fully enjoy it.

I think my gf will be very happy to hear the news too. She's been incredibly supportive throughout the process and hasn't pushed at all. I can imagine there is such a satisfaction for someone involved with a "separated" to hear the "D' after a long wait.

One thing I know for sure though is that I am better for this divorce. I have no mixed feelings about it and know that I will not regret the decision later. That's something I suppose.

What kind of feelings did others struggle with in the month after the offical divorce day?

Wow! Congrats for a major life transition!

When I got divorced (no kids involved, and it was a no fault simple thing) it was a relief, but it was weird. I was single at the time, and my ex was involved with the woman he eventually married. He came to court with her father, and I came with my best friend, an artist, who was working on a project in whuch she was embroidering the word "C*nt" all over a quilt.

As the H and I went through the court process, she sat out in the hallway with all the lawyers and felons and divorcees and whatnot embroidering this loaded word on a giant quilt. I can only guess what people thought.

Anyhow, it was weird, the event. Because I have such strong feelings about the institution of marraige, I felt a bit crummy. But not terrible, as the marriage sucked. That's my story.

Poly, funny story!:laugh:

As for your question, Kryt...I got married three weeks after the divorce was final!:p

Poly, funny story!:laugh:

As for your question, Kryt...I got married three weeks after the divorce was final!:p

Thought you'd appreciate the C*nt quilt. My friend actually got in big trouble for displaying it in a gallery later that year, and it merited being mentioned in a book!

Three weeks? Wish I'd been so lucky! :laugh:

Thought you'd appreciate the C*nt quilt. My friend actually got in big trouble for displaying it in a gallery later that year, and it merited being mentioned in a book!

Three weeks? Wish I'd been so lucky! :laugh:

What a story! Anyway, yeah I met H three days after my ex and I separated. It was just a fluke. It'll happen for you. You're a great gal.

So you see Kryt why I didn't struggle with any feelings about the divorce. Anyway, it was a disaster of a marriage almost from the start..well within the first year anyway.

sadness and relief. i was sick and tired of jumping through the stupid legal system for two years!!! I was relieved it was finally over.

RecordProducer
I have extreme feelings of relief mixed with extreme anxiety at the amount of money that I will owe from settlement.
Congrats! :)

... and she met her second husband 3 days after she separated from her first husband. And they've been happily married for 12 years. :)

I was over my ex on the D day and it felt great to be totally cool about such an event. I always imagined signign the divorce decree as a very sad ceremony loaded with emotions, but for me it was really nice, even though the ex was the one who dumped me. I was "dating" some guy online for a month and a half when the divorce day came so I was all into the new BF.

I grieved over my ex for about a couple years, but since I got over him, I was really, really happy that I was done with him. We've been in friendly terms this whole time, although we've had moments of fights (even physical) and major disagreements related to the kids. We still talk on the phone.

aaaaaiiiiieeeee

I was sad for a few hours, then I became ecstatic. I screamed I'm FREEEEE of her!!!! on the inside anyways. I couldn't stop smiling for days my friggin cheeks hurt. I happily changed my phone number, set up a filter to automatically delete her emails, went back to flirting and dating every pretty girl I ran across, and continued planning the trips I'm taking this summer (one is starting in a week woo hoo!!)

Hey one man's garbage is another's treasure, she's someone else's problem now.