keeps my keys and tells me a chance way in the future

UT_longhorn

my ex GF who broke up with me 5 days ago who I've been keeping NC said when I asked her if there was no way to work things out that it might in the very far future but dont count on it. Also she keeps my car and house keys which she has yet to return.

Do you think she uses the keys as her "in" to re-talk to me? When she had threatened breakups in the past she always wanted to give me my keys back. Or am I holding on to something immaterial?

Nope, she probably just doesn't want any interaction right now. I wouldn't take that as any sort of positive sign.

If I were you, change the door locks. Avoid contact at all cost right now.

Forget her for now, focus on self-improvement, hobbies, hanging with friends, go to the gym, etc. Let go, it's hard, but you need to for now. She said "don't count on it." Take her for her word.

• Author

Yea...I really am holding on to the last threads here. I really did love this girl with so much of my heart its crazy. I do think she did fall out of love with me so chances are slim to none that she'll want to rekindle.

The last strings of hope are the hardest to cut, and really the most painful I think. God I miss her.

• Author

I guess reading all these second chance stories after XXX amount of time of N made me dissillusion myself with the possibility of a second chance. I guess wether I do or not, I should move on like I'm not gonna get one and be happily surprised if I do.

Yea...I really am holding on to the last threads here. I really did love this girl with so much of my heart its crazy. I do think she did fall out of love with me so chances are slim to none that she'll want to rekindle.

The last strings of hope are the hardest to cut, and really the most painful I think. God I miss her.

I understand how you feel, but now is the time not to be down on yourself. There will be other women, there always are. However, the longer you take to let go, the longer it takes to heal. And the longer it takes to heal the more doors that will shut for you with other women.

Confidence is sexy. Women instintively know when you have it and when you don't. So work on repairing yourself and letting go. The sooner you do, the sooner you'll start to look good to other women.

I guess reading all these second chance stories after XXX amount of time of N made me dissillusion myself with the possibility of a second chance. I guess wether I do or not, I should move on like I'm not gonna get one and be happily surprised if I do.

Burn that in your mind, that is the right attitude.