ex giving mixed signals

hi there,

long story short we and my exboyfriend broke up going on 3 months ago. He is 19 and im 21. We have talked every day since and still sleep over at each other's houses. we are falling back into old habits and patterns. we are both not getting with anyone. however, when I bring up the topic about what we are he replies ' im happy how we are'. should I quit bringing it up and just live in the moment and see where it takes us? I don't want to bug him too much that it pushes him away. please, what are your thoughts?

MyWorldView

If the habits are the same, it doesnt sound like you broke up at all. If this is not what you want then it's up to you to move on. Think about what made you break up to begin with, if those things still exist, then you're setting yourself up again.

• Like 1
alphamale

concentrate on school, there is plenty of time for dating later on

Sunlight72

I agree with the other posts.

If the reason you broke up is because you wanted to be married, or really have a clear commitment from him, then hey, he's 19. Generally speaking in the Western World that is tooooo young to commit for life. It's not too young to be faithfully exclusive, but too young to promise the rest of his life. He is not yet an adult and will learn and change a lot in the next 5 or 8 years. And so will you. Either or both of you will almost certainly want different things in a partner in 8 years than you do now.

Why did you split 3 months ago?