Should I look for my ex?

So my question is if I should look for my ex girlfriend, I mean things like wishing her a nice day or just start conversation after she contacted me?

To give you some context let me tell you how happened, she posted a WhatsApp status of her with a bruise in her arm, I worried and asked her if she was ok, she replied saying that she was and she was thankful I asked, after that we just did small talk and good bye this was on a saturday.

Next day Sunday I posted a picture of a dog sleeping and she reply to that wanting to know if It was mine, that day we ended up texting and voice messaging for like 6 hours, topics like movies, tv series, even things we did during the relationship, and things that went wrong. That was on Sunday, today is Wednesday, so far yesterday we talk in the night because I texted first and now we talked about dates that she had or guys that want to take her out, she gives me little hints that suggest me she doesn’t want a relationship, she told me things like, you are a cool guy and will find a nice girl.

We have till this day like 6.5 months since the breakup, and the times I contacted her during that time she didn’t want to talk.

So my question is should I look for her, texting first, wishing her have a nice day, ask her for a meeting, what do you guys think?

mark clemson

IMO probably the simplest thing you could do is just ask her. Something along the lines of: "Here's a serious question, since we've been chatting lately. Do you think we should try to restart our relationship or not? It will help me to know where you stand on this."

Maybe you can phrase this a bit better, but this gets her to explain what she is thinking. Hopefully she will be honest with you. She may insist that you reveal your thoughts/intentions first before she answers.

Anyhow, the point is then you know and can make decisions with that knowledge. You may also wish to wait just a bit longer and see if the chatting intensifies first or fades away as that may give you your answer.

• Like 1
Youngestdaughter

I'm sorry, Sweetie. But, usually when a girl says that she hopes you'll find someone cool, she doesn't mean herself. I've been where you are. It's hard still caring about someone and not knowing where or how they are or what they're doing. But you just gotta go cold turkey: no checking her status, no wishing her well. And, if you look for her, you might not like what you find. If there is any chance at all for the two of you, it won't happen until you leave her alone and give her a chance to miss you. I've been there too, taken someone for granted and not appreciate him until I lost him. But the only way to know what will, might, or is supposed to happen is to remove yourself from her sphere. Keep yourself busy and see if she tries to find you. You might find someone who returns your feelings while your not looking for her.

• Like 1

You're hooked on hopium.

At this time you're probably projecting your feelings onto her. That's not what she's feeling for you.

If you can't stop contact you'll keep yourself bound

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

In my experience, when a girl says anything like "You are a cool guy and will find a nice girl." She has ZERO interest in getting back together romantically, forever. She's basically telling you to move on because she doesn't place that type of value on you anymore.

Now, if you honestly and truly want to be friends, which I'm assuming you DON'T because you're fretting about this topic on LS, then yes, start a conversation with her.

If you don't want to be friends but want to be friendly, be polite when she reaches out to you but don't start any conversations.

If you still love her and you aren't over her, draw your line in the sand and tell her not to cross it unless she's rethinking the relationship and start moving on.

Orokotikki

Dude you are "Plan C" at best with her and deserve better, she is just trying to be nice - move on to greater and grander things.

I'm sorry, it sucks, but its true.

• Like 1

Most women are willing to make you into their girlfriend they can talk to about their new men after a breakup, but that doesn't get you back into the romantic relationship. It just gets you a lot of boring or infuriating chitchat and keeps you hoping when there is none.

• Like 1