He canceled on me, 2nd chance?

mortensorchid

mortensorchid

I was chatting with this guy on Facebook yesterday. He wanted to get together that day and I declined. I didn't want to just rush into something, and he is, after all, a stranger. I suggested the next day (today - Wednesday), and he said okay so we made a plan to meet this evening at 8. He texted me this morning saying good morning, I said I was in the middle of running a few errands and I would talk to him in a few. At 4PM he sent me an IM saying he had double booked for tonight and he had to reschedule. I just sent a message back saying "ok". He said "I'll make it up to you".

So … I should wait until he reaches out again? He said he'll make it up to me.

you should probably move on mortensorchid

congrats on reaching 5000 posts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's a pretty flimsy excuse. I'd see what he does. If he reaches out again & you have nothing better to do, go. See what happens. But for now do not hold out hope.

• Like 1

I give people one more chance, if I have any interest. It's easy to make a mistake, or forget an appointment - just don't let it happen a second time.

• Like 1
hippychick3

I’d move on without saying a word.

I think what he did was very rude. I wouldn’t bother. Next.

Simple Logic
I was chatting with this guy on Facebook yesterday. He wanted to get together that day and I declined. I didn't want to just rush into something, and he is, after all, a stranger. I suggested the next day (today - Wednesday), and he said okay so we made a plan to meet this evening at 8. He texted me this morning saying good morning, I said I was in the middle of running a few errands and I would talk to him in a few. At 4PM he sent me an IM saying he had double booked for tonight and he had to reschedule. I just sent a message back saying "ok". He said "I'll make it up to you".

So … I should wait until he reaches out again? He said he'll make it up to me.

Then let him make it up to you.

• Like 1

If you want to let him make it up to you, go ahead. Maybe it might be a nice evening with a enjoyable company, but I'd take everything he says with a grain of salt.

I had someone do this to me recently and now he's DM'ing me asking what he did wrong, he wants to see me, babe, please, I want to take you out. Too little, too late. I gave him many chances and he blew them all.

Happy Lemming
I’d move on without saying a word.

I think what he did was very rude. I wouldn’t bother. Next.

^^^^ 100% Agree. I'm not buying the "double book" excuse. In my opinion, here is what happened... someone (who he thinks is better) gave him a "yes" to meet that night and he threw you on the back burner. He didn't "double book", in this age of calendars on our phone/computer/tablet, it is almost impossible to "double book".

NEXT!!

• Author
mortensorchid

I'll just sit tight and see if he reaches out again. Otherwise I am not holding my breath.

• Author
mortensorchid

But I agree it was very rude of him to do so. I would have kept the appointment.