Signs of a second chance.

My boyfriend (19 yrs old) and I (20) broke up 3 months ago and attempted the no contact rule for 20 days. This was successful. We have since texted/ called everyday and hung out everyday of the week. Few of the days I slept over at his. He is falling back into old routines like we were in a relationship. However, he is still messaging girls when I leave (he tells me). I say that's fine since we are both single. We have spoken about if we could get back together and his response is 'i just need time to do stupid ****'. Im ok with that.. But my question is do I give it time and keep hanging out with him? Do I see where this goes because normally ex's wouldn't hang out so much... please help.

ExpatInItaly

Are you still going to be okay with it when you find out he's dated or had sex with another girl?

You're on the path to get very hurt here, OP. You are much more reconciliation-oriented than he is. If he wanted you back, he wouldn't be messaging other girls. I know you are telling yourself you're fine with this but I can nearly promise you that you won't be okay when the day comes that he distances himself from you.

And some exes do hang out this much - when the dumpee can't let go and the dumper takes full advantage of that and enjoys their company and affection with no commitment expected. Usually what happens here is the dumpee is left heartbroken all over again when their ex does move on to someone else.

• Like 1

What @ExpatInItaly said.

Do not be downgraded to his side piece. If he wants to get back together with you for real, he can make a real effort. Right now he's getting everything he wants with no regard for your feelings.

At some point, one of these girls he is talking to is going to go out with him and probably sleep over at his place. How will you feel when he isn't texting you all of a sudden and he is sleeping with some other girl?

And also, I guess there are circumstances where exes can hang out. My brother is still friends with almost all of his exes. But you know what he doesn't do? Sleep over with them. That's a huge difference.

• Like 1