In contact with ex since breakup but how do I go No Contact without looking crazy?

Maria_belen

My ex dumped me almost 6 months ago but we’ve never stopped being in contact. Haven’t met up since then and for the most part he initiates via text and I respond. He’s mentioned meeting up a few times but never follows through and I will not ask because I don’t think I should when he’s the one who left me. I was hoping that one of two things would happen;

1. A reconciliation

2. I meet someone else and just slow fade

But I realise now it’s very hard to move on when every time I get a text I drop all the things I was angry about and my heart thinks ‘maybe this time it finally be different’. Never does.

So my question is how do I tell him I need no contact without looking like a loser who’s still super emotional and not over him? I’m not looking to try and use this to get him to come back I think that our time is done and I’ve accepted that.

TL:DR been speaking to ex for almost 6 months but I want to go NC how to tell him?

Just stop responding to his texts. Maybe text back a week later and then next time two weeks later and just fade out of his life. You can always tell him you are just moving on without making it sound like you're an emotional mess. If he keeps acting like he wants to be friends or hopes you'll take him back as is, just tell him, I'm going to move on and you should do the same.

You won't look crazy. Just stop responding. It really is as simple as that . . . slow fade.

• Like 1
mark clemson

If you actually want to R, you could respond along the lines of "Do you want to reconcile? If not, why do you keep texting me?" and see what the response is. (Maybe a little sweeter than my phrasing.) Just don't get your hopes up too high.

If the answer isn't acceptable, go slow fade as suggested above.

• Like 1

Why do you think you owe him anything? You moved on and don't need confirmation of what it once was so I'd say simply block them and get busy living.

Anything else is hanging on to a past idea that you know in your heart bears nothing for you in the future.

Something that previously worked for me: Hey, at some point one or both of us will be involved with other relationships and the new person probably won’t appreciate us being in contact. I think it’s best if we stop the texts.

And then never respond again.