LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Second Chances

New GF, but ex came back

Second Chances Called it off but doubting the decision now? Someone wants you back? Let us know about it!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th February 2019, 6:26 PM   #1

New GF, but ex came back

Hi everyone!

Let me be short;
6 months ago my ex (we've been together since we were 16, now we're turning 22) left me completely out of the blue, due to a guy she met on holiday. Then they've been together for 2 months and broke up in November.

Since January, I'm with another girl I like, but I've got my ex who keeps texting me she misses me and so on (she started texting in December).
Now, I like my new girlfriend, but my ex texting me causes me a lot of confusion.
I find myself thinking about a second chance, I think about all I had in my life while we were together.
I don't know what to think about trust issues I'd have bringing my ex back.

Fact is, I can't really believe she cheated on me, I feel like nothing happened but it's defintely wrong.

Please help me, any experience/tip would be super-appreciated

Thank you
Smurf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2019, 6:36 PM   #2
Established Member

Your ex is texting you because she's single again and wants attention.

My money would be on her leaving again if you reconciled. She just hasn't met the guy she wants to be with, but when she does, you would probably be right back where you were the first time she broke up with you.
ExpatInItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2019, 6:40 PM   #3
Established Member

Nope. You need to either tell her to leave you alone or block her because she's just trying to mess up your current relationship. She wasn't happy and will leave for another guy as soon as she finds one. Whether she cheated is irrelevant. She left you because she didn't want to be with you anymore for greener pastures. Don't let her keep messing your life up. People mature and rarely ever stay with their high school sweetheart by college age. Just the way it is.
Old 20th February 2019, 6:42 PM   #4

Well ExpatInItaly,
First of all, thank you a lot.
Then, I've thought about what you said, and I partly agree.
But she says she understood she wants to be with me, how much I meant to her life and stuff like that.
Would you bet your money on breaking up again even if you were told something like that?
Smurf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2019, 7:14 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf1 View Post
Would you bet your money on breaking up again even if you were told something like that?
If she were older and more experienced with relationships, then I could take that assertion more seriously.

But she's still very young, started dating you very young, and has barely had any dating experience apart from you. The chance that she's ready to settle down with you forever are not that good, particularly if some dude she met on holiday was able to turn her head that much. I would be very surprised if you two reconciled and were still together, say, 5 years from now.
ExpatInItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2019, 7:36 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf1 View Post
But she says she understood she wants to be with me, how much I meant to her life and stuff like that.

I would still bet money on the thought that she would break up with you again if you got back together.

I’m sorry to say, but she probably wants you back because her relationship didn’t work out and she now knows that you are with someone else...

She had her chance and she blew it. She didn’t just break up with you, she left you for another guy. You would unwise to trust anyone who does this to you.

It’s easy to rewrite history, to remember the good times and forget about the fact that she dumped you for another guy. She is young, she wanted to have a different experience, but still... I would suggest that you focus on your current relationship and see what happens. I wouldn’t be willing to give up a promising relationship for someone who has done something like this in the past...

Last edited by BaileyB; 20th February 2019 at 7:39 PM..
BaileyB is offline   Reply With Quote