Ex called me last night crying

lilbuzZzard

My ex called me last night crying telling me that she missed me and that she made a mistake and that she wants someone to love her the way that I used to love her (we dated for 5 years, broke up almost 2 years ago). She is deciding on moving to a new state for her boyfriend of 1 year and she called me crying because she didn’t know what to do about moving or staying and told me I was the only person who could make her feel better and stop her from crying. She told me everything I’ve wanted to hear for the past two years and I felt like I never moved on from her because we planned on moving in together and starting a family all of that. The catch was that she told me she didn’t want to be with me but she just wanted someone to love her the same way I did. And I told her that as much as she wants that with someone else; no one would be able to love her the way I did and can. She wants to meet up for lunch next week but is telling me not to have my hopes up or to have any expectations of us rekindling our relationship. I don’t know what to do. I still love her with all of my heart and hope that we can just start over but she doesn’t know if we can due to our messy breakup years ago. Did the call mean something more or am I reading into it too much? Am I being stupid for having hope? My head is seriously in a mess right now because I expected her to be 100% sure she was moving out of state for this guy and I was ready to move one but now I’m so confused... any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I think she’s playing with you. I don’t think she wants to get back with you but she might out of confusion or loneliness and it won’t last long if that happns. I think it’s extremely self-centered of her to come to you with this.

Don't meet with her.

It was selfish an hurtful for her to call you and tell you that. She's using you because she feels alone and uncertain. As soon as she feels better again she'll have no use for you and disappear.

Not only did she show you how little you mean to her, she actually told you.

Don't have anything more to do with her. You WILL get over her, but not if you let her keep messing with your head and heart.

Need more info. Why did you break up? What is it about you she can't live with? Alcohol? Drugs? Violence? Cheating? Clinginess? Control? Jealousy?

Or is she just not attracted to you that way anymore?

I mean, she's still firm saying not you, so I certainly would not get my hopes up, and she's mean for talking to you about this, no matter what it was and getting your hopes up that way and in the same breath saying "someone else, not you."

She’s luring you in as a fall back.

Don’t go for it.

If she truly cared about you, she would be single and come knocking on your door.

She clearly stated that she doesn't want to get back with you. She's scared and confused because she knows this new guy isn't the right choice for her, and neither are you. She's reaching out for comfort and security, because you are sort of like the old friend who was always there. She has no regard for your feelings or the damage it will cause you. Meeting her will set you back considerably and gain you nothing.

You are probably projecting your feelings onto her. I love her so she must love me type thing.

You meet you'll spring yourself along living on hopium got anther couple of years totally wasted.

I would not meet up with her. The stuff she said sounds cruel to be honest. She's telling you she doesn't want to be with you but wants someone who loves her like you did. That's just toying around with you. I would not be surprised if she suddenly decides she doesn't want to meet up with you.

Charlierose30

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Your ex is being cruel and manipulative, and you do not deserve this. I know how much you probably want to see her, but I would strongly advise against it. Seeing her will just mess with your head. Unless she starts telling you she wants to reconcile, I'm afraid you need to be strong and not engage.