The ex girlfriend just want to be friends thing

So me and my ex girlfriend recently started to have contact again, she broke up with me about 1,5 years ago. We went out for dinner and out to a club, she ended up sleeping at my place. We didn’t have sex, she was in her period. We spend most of the next day at my place and when she left we hugged and I gave her a kiss. The following day we spend some time again at my place and when she left we hugged and I again gave her a kiss and she asked me to call her later that night. I tried to call her but I think she has blocked my number, I’m not blocked on WhatsApp. I send her a text and she answered a couple of hour later. The next day I send her a message and she replied, so I have been the one initiating the communication and trying to keep it going. A couple of days ago I send a text asking her to go bowling and she said yes, however she wanted to know that I understand that we are just friends. I said sure, we are friends. She later replied that friends doesn’t kiss each other on the mouth. So what should I do, I still have strong feelings for her and want to be more than friends.

So what should I do, I still have strong feelings for her and want to be more than friends.

After 1.5 years, she shouldn't be coming back to you and you shouldn't be allowing her back into your life again.

She might be lonely or in need of some attention.

You can't be more than just friends when the other person doesn't.

The only thing you can do is block her on everything so she can't contact you. Then you move on and focus on your well being. Find someone else. Don't let people treat you like she is treating right now. Just go no contact and move on.

If she wanted to move past friendship, she would have made that clear. She was the one who broke up with you. Remember? Based on what new developments are you giving her a chance to be back in your life? To be friends? Don't let her do that to you.

Your title : "The ex girlfriend just want to be friends thing"

My advice : Don't! Just! Don't!!

Have some self respect, and stop wasting your time. Life is too short to fritter it away it like that.

She dumped you, now 1.5 years later she has come back into your life but she has made it clear she just wants to be friends with you.

As you still love her, then you can't be just be friends with her, as it will tear you apart emotionally.

Wait till she starts asking your advice on her dates... as that is what friends do...

Stay away from her.

• Like 1

Because you want more then she does, I advise you to stay away. Hanging out with her, not getting the romantic relationship that you want makes you the kid with his nose pressed up against the bakery window. Plus it keeps you from moving on & finding somebody you can be happy with. Stick around at your own peril. As soon as she finds a new man to date you will be unceremoniously dropped again because the new guy won't want her EX sniffing around. Right now you are an ego boost she can play with. She pulls your strings & pushes your buttons & she gets what she wants with no regard to how you feel.

I would say your chances are 50/50. Women not always tell what they think or want. If I were you I wouldn't try to initiate a relationship. If she wants me I would let her chase me or give strong indication that she wants to be chased.

Be very cautious!!!