Ex's Birthday How to handle?

cruzcruz

Hello all, it's my ex's birthday. We've been split 5 months. We communicate sporadically and she likes my posts on social media. I care for her daughter as I helped raise her for the 3 YEARS we were together. I was weak and wasn't providing as a grown man should. She has noticed that I have been improving myself. i saw her and her daughter on Halloween.. hugged them both. My ex, held me for a long time when I dropped them home.

She recently posted a memory of us on her timeline and said it was a good day. She doesn't do things like that. That is the first time I have been on her social media since the breakup, about 2 weeks ago. I hit love on posts of her daughter and like on her posts here and there. I believe she is thinking about me/us. Though I do know that she has been hanging with another man, which doesn't surprise me that much, she is wanted by many. I told her the last time I saw her, there is no reason for us not to be friends. She invited me to her birthday dinner tonight... Should I wish her happy bd on text or message? or wait until the dinner... What should I get her? Just thoughts, in general, would be appreciated. Thanks for reading if you have.

If you are going to the birthday dinner, tell her however you want. If you are allowed contact with the daughter, make sure the little girl had the option to get mommy a gift.

I don't think it's healthy for you to go to the party or be "friends" with the EX. She's dating other men. You have been relegated to the guy with his nose pressed up against the glass longing for what you can't have. I can't imagine that the new men in your EX's life are thrilled by your presence.