I don't know if she still has feelings for me

So I should probably say a few things first...

There's this girl I knew from 7th grade. While we were technically boy and girlfriend, we never made it that public, since none of us liked being in the spotlight and didn't like all the drama that came with those statuses. So when we were around people we knew we'd just act like friends, even denying the fact that we liked each other. Things never really progressed from there, expressing our feelings in private until the year ended and I had to move to another nearby school since one of my parents died s while back and we couldn't afford to keep the same house.

That year in a different school was hell. I didnt have a phone back then so I didnt have any contact with her and I couldn't get my mind off her. Additionally I wasnt used to not having familiar people around me. Being an INTP, being alone makes things like talking to strangers and just plain communicating extremely hard. It took me years to get to know everybody in my elementary and previous middle school and when I finally reached the moment I could talk to anyone comfortably it all just vanished. So just to keep this shorter, I'll just say that the year really hurt my self confidence and I became more self conscious than ever before.

When I finally got into high school, the place where both the schools would have most of their kids go to I had few classes with old friends and and even fewer friends in them. It's like everything I tried so hard to get was all cut off because of that one year. Back to the girl, I don't have any classes with her and I only see her when passing through the hallways. She's definetly changed, and became pretty much the opposite of me right now. She's a lot more outgoing, obviously could care less about what others think about her and has many more friends than last time I saw her. We talked a lot at the first pep rally and I find it s bit hard to talk to her, there is just so many things I don't know about and I'd really hate to intrude when she's talking with her friends. I know I should try to be friends with her friends so that we're all familiar with each other but I dont have any classes with them either. We both have phones, but we never offered to exchange numbers or any other social media. I was just trying to figure out if she still had feelings for me. I didn't want to ask for her number immediately because I knew she didn't like being in the spotlight and I didnt want to do that to her. The most affection I've gotten from her now was a hug and that's about it.

1 I really want to get back to her but I don't know if I should wait till next year, when I may have a class with her or if I should just try to get some info or ask her about her number or social media in the hallway so that we can talk more. Or she just doesn't have any feelings for me now and I'm just too stuck to her to realize it.

Sorry for taking your time with this probably way too post. Thank you for at least opening this even if you just scrolled down here and decide to leave

I'm sorry about your parent. That is tough.

High School isn't easy. Just try to remember, everybody is going through similar things. Do talk to the girl. I know it's scary but try. Say hi. Ask about her day. Ingratiate yourself to her. Also make other friends. Join a club. Play a sport. Get involved in something you care about.