Any successful stories regarding Proposal rejection?

Nachocheese

Hi LS. As the title says, are there any successful second chance stories involving couples that broke up who were already engaged? Yes.. my ex-fiancee just broke up with me and it hurts as hell. I just want to hear some good stories for a change..

Sorry man, been reading thee posts for years and the answer is a big fat NO.

Sure, there are stories of dumpers coming back shortly after breakups etc but then they just disappear again.

I've heard the odd rare story where a dumper came back but its always many years later, like 10 years or more and to me that is a totally new relationship.

People definitely come back, that's why there are stories of couples breaking up 6 times etc. But eventually, the BU always sticks.

I think when your talking breaking up with a wife/husband or fiance/fiancee, its even more unlikely because of the guilt associated with getting that far and ending it.

I totally get why your looking for hopeful stories. It hurts incredibly when you realise those stories don't really exist.

Happy Lemming

Nope... engaged once, dumped, and she married someone else. I stayed single and had a fantastic life!! Its been a blast and I ain't done yet!!

Look on the bright side... YOU ARE SINGLE!! You are free to go have fun, move around, date whomever you want and basically do everything you dreamed of. You are unattached, you don't have to consult someone else or ask permission or worry about someone else's "feelings"... BE FREE!!

Yes, I know it hurts... Mine hurt 20+ years ago, but I got over it and you will too. Stay "no contact", one day at a time... At some point, wander down to your local pub, get a beer and just be social with other people. I promise it will get better!!

• Like 1

I can't say I personally know of any couples who called off an engagement but reconciled later, no.

Usually the person calling it off is doing so after quite a lot of thought, as it's a big step to actually cancel an engagement. I have yet to see anyone reverse that decision.

• Author
I can't say I personally know of any couples who called off an engagement but reconciled later, no.

Usually the person calling it off is doing so after quite a lot of thought, as it's a big step to actually cancel an engagement. I have yet to see anyone reverse that decision.

OK.. Accept the truth I guess.. :(

Edited by Nachocheese
Happy Lemming
OK.. Accept the truth I guess.. :(

I am sorry you are hurting... I really do know your pain.

When my fiancee left the engagement ring on my bedroom pillow with a note, I was destroyed. I couldn't stand to even look at the ring, so I stuck it in a safe deposit box, where it sits today. I've moved around quite a bit, but every year I pay rent on that safe deposit box. The ring is sitting, languishing cross country from where I am now. Oddly the box number is 123, too easy to remember. At some point, I'll have to fly there, and rescue that ring from its prison. I want to sell it & donate the proceeds to a local food bank. Maybe at the 25 year mark, I'll go do it.

"Nachocheese"... You are not alone!!

Nope... engaged once, dumped, and she married someone else. I stayed single and had a fantastic life!! Its been a blast and I ain't done yet!!

Look on the bright side... YOU ARE SINGLE!! You are free to go have fun, move around, date whomever you want and basically do everything you dreamed of. You are unattached, you don't have to consult someone else or ask permission or worry about someone else's "feelings"... BE FREE!!

Yes, I know it hurts... Mine hurt 20+ years ago, but I got over it and you will too. Stay "no contact", one day at a time... At some point, wander down to your local pub, get a beer and just be social with other people. I promise it will get better!!

That's a very positive way of looking at things and I second it! The only change in my story is, I was the person who broke it off, I left a very mean man, and I felt 100 times better after and never looked back. It will get better, I promise. :-)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...