Ex girlfriend now single, have been talking about me a lot. How do I get her back?

So, my ex girlfriend broke up with me about 1 year ago after being together and living together for about 8 months. We kept in contact, went out for dinner a couple of times and had sex after the breakup. But shortly after she started seeing her old boyfriend, they got engaged shortly after that. A couple months ago people started telling me that things are not that great in her new relationship and that she doesn’t really like her new boyfriend that much and their planed weeding is not happening. Have also recently been told by one of her best girlfriend, how happens to be my brothers girlfriend, that she has been talking about me for weeks and is finding it hard to see me. The same best friend to my ex gf how told me that my ex have been talking a lot about me have now told me that my ex gf and her boyfriend/fiancé have ended their relationship and she has moved back home to the same city where I live. Her friend also told me to be a little bit “cool” and that everything is a bit up-side-down for her and she needs to be left alone in order to think. I still have very strong feelings for me ex gf and would like us to get back together, but will of course leave her alone for now. Have been thinking a lot after the breakup and have realised that my lack of communication and being open together with me becoming a bit of a doormat was a big part of her leaving me. So what does all this mean? How do I know if she also has similar feelings as I do? How long should I wait?

ExpatInItaly

I would be very careful here, OP.

This could easily turn out to be one of those situations in which she's just lonely and bored now that she's single again, and is hoping you'd be her fall-back plan. Those types of reconciliations rarely work out, because the dumper often bails again when they meet someone new.

Why did you break up initially?

the answers haven't changed since the last time you asked this Q: https://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/breaks-breaking-up/662604-ex-girfriend-talking-about-me-finding-hard-see-me

Your EX GF doesn't know her own mind. She bounced from him to you, back to him to engaged to broken up. This girl doesn't know WTF she wants. However she is incapable of being alone.

Why you want her back remains a mystery to me. She is BAD news & this is not going to work out well for you. Neither of you have any meaningful understanding of how to build the foundations for a lasting relationship. You both move too fast with no regard for the consequences or the wisdom of your actions.

I suspect if you call her & ask her on a date, she'll end up in your bed that night. You two will probably be moved back in together within a month. She won't be there with you because she loves you; she will only be there because she cannot function independently & you are co-dependent enough to think that equals love.

Best wishes. You will need it.

• Like 2

Nowhere in there did anyone tell you she wants you back. I bet you talking to her friends behind her back is not setting well with her.