Ex acting weird on Facebook

So my ex broke up with me about 3 months ago, we talked for a month after that but I cut contact on new years when i found out she got back with her ex (who was abusive and I don't believe she's still with because they cheated on her)

So i unfriended her on Facebook, but sometimes I would check her profile (I know i shouldn't, so don't comment that please because i know) about 2 or 3 weeks ago I thought she blocked me, but she ended up deactivating or something because I tried to look her up on someone else profile and she didnt show up (she doesn't know the person)

Since then shes unblocked me/recativated (whichever it is) a few times. Most recently i saw she went through and untagged herself from all of the comments and pictures we tagged each other in before going dark again.

I know this is self destructive behavior of me to look into this, but i can't help it. I just wanted to ask anyone what they think of this.

P.S I removed her from Snapchat and instagram too, but as of now from what i can tell i'm not blocked on those.

You know we can't help but scream for you to stop, but you won't, it was very hard for me too not to look, but it's torture, I remember when I analyzed so much, one day my ex blocked me, she posted pictures, next week was in a relationship, next week she hid it, her boyfriend hid his too few weeks later, I was analyzing and analyzing, torturing myself to no avail. Accept it as it is, she's moving on with your life, it's her Facebook and you must try to interpret it as hers, not that everything she does has some relationship with you

Sounds like she is moving on

There is apps which also track if you are checking on someone's facebook, if she has one if these installed then she might have blocked you due to that or blocking you because she doesn't want you to know she's moved on.

Either or try stop checking her social media and heal yourself

• Author

Yeah I know, i will eventually stop, but i cant help the urge right now.

I didn't really think it had anything to do with me until she untagged herself from everything. That stung, not gonna lie.

I know I just have to leave it alone. And I shouldn't read into facebook too much, just human nature you know?

Whatever happens happens from here on out. I'm not gonna push it though.

• Author

Yeah thats a common thing I've heard. I already thought she moved on though, so this threw me a bit.

She 'moved on' and got back with her ex before and didn't block me, so i can't help but wonder why now? It's whatever though, I'm gonna try not to worry about this too much anymore.

Thanks for the response!

Michelle ma Belle

I don't know but her behavior doesn't sound all that weird to me given the way people behave on social media post-break-up. I'm going to guess you're in your twenties?

She sounds like someone trying to cope herself in whatever ways she feels will work at the time. Women/girls are emotional creatures at the best of time so her erratic behavior in terms of blocking and then unblocking seems of young people today.

The more worrisome bit is your obsessive need to check and re-check her profile and then try to make sense of it all as if it all somehow relates back to you.

Who cares? She's an EX. Not your problem anymore.

Do yourself a favor and YOU block her and be done with it already. Time to move on.

• Like 1
  • Author
Who cares? She's an EX. Not your problem anymore.

Ill be honest, you had me up until this. And this isnt a jab at you specifiaclly, just this type of response in general, thats kind of the most unhelpful and unoriginal thing a person can say.

Yeah shes an ex, i know this, and obviously i care if im making a thread about it.

These kind of responses are really condescending to me.

But everything else you said has a point. I know i shouldnt be looking at her page, and if you read what i said before, i did say i didnt think it was about me until she went and untagged herself from our stuff.

But thanks anyway for the response.

Usually when I have untagged myself in posts its because I either don't want to be reminded of that particular person in my past or because I'm moving on and don't want the new partner to be affected by still having stuff from an ex.

For whatever reason she just decided it was time to clean up her profile. I've done it, and had it done to me. Really though - stop looking. You can do it. ;)

• Author

Im sure its just that and im looking too much into it. I will, im thinking if she ever pops up again, ill just block her first.

Thanks for the encouragement!

CantTakeMySmile

I untagged myself from every photo with my ex. I did it because I thought it was disrespectful to my current gf for her to see photos of my ex and I. Maybe not disrespectful so much as just didn’t want to upset her over nothing. It had absolutely nothing to do with me, my ex, or my feelings for an ex. It was all about my current, the one I was focusing on.

Sorry you are going thru this. I assume by EX you mean GF, not wife. If GF, were there 'red flags' that you ignored or didn't address? Understanding each others expectations are key to any relationship. Wise counsel, peace and understanding is important. Don't let negativity, jealousy, envy, strife or unforgiveness enter into your mind and heart. I'll stand with you that you will discover the answers you need from the wisdom of others.