Girlfriend of 4 years broke up with me but I really want her back

lostinlove03

So the other day my girlfriend of 4 years broke up with me suddenly and it completely blindsided me. I had just gotten home from a month long trip to South America and she did it the day I arrived home. She said that she doesn't think that i'm the right person for her and that we're not a perfect pairing for each other. Just days before this she was still saying I love you over messenger and had even bought a ticket for me to attend her graduation so she still obviously saw me in her future but something must have changed in the past week. I was initially okay with it but within a couple of hours i became extremely upset and was texting her for an explanation and telling her that I was upset but she just said that she will always love me because I was such a significant part of her life for 4 years and we had so many amazing memories but she just doesn't think I'm the right person for her. We have spent a lot of time apart recently as i was in Europe last year for two months with mates and she's also going away this year to Europe for two months so we sort've have learnt how to live without each other and adapted because of this. Despite all of this i'm still madly in love with her and am seriously hurting which sucks.

We have broken up 2-3 times over the last 4 years and gotten back with each other within 2 weeks but I feel this time might be different. I really want to get back with her as I still see my future with her and am madly in love with her as she is the perfect person. I have no idea how to approach this though and am needing some advice?

Edited by lostinlove03

It takes two. What you want and feel doesn't matter much. She obviously doesn't feel the same about you.

Pestering her will just push her farther away.

And justify that she's right in dumping you.

Wake up

Don't want to make you feel worse, but most likely she has found someone else, or has her eye on someone else.

Same thing happened to me, as soon as women think they have found something better, or someone that they like more they are gone....

Don't want to make you feel worse, but most likely she has found someone else, or has her eye on someone else.

Same thing happened to me, as soon as women think they have found something better, or someone that they like more they are gone....

Yep. My money is on another dude.

You are best served to walk and never look back.

• Author

Nah theres definitely no other guy involved, i already know this. Just think we've drifted apart as i've been away for so long

Nah theres definitely no other guy involved, i already know this. Just think we've drifted apart as i've been away for so long

This is where my money is too. Sadly, going away for quite some time is quite a risk. Especially if they discover that they don't miss you as much as they should be.

In the unlikely event you can get her to tell you where this is coming from -- if it's not the same old stuff that broke you apart in the past -- assure her you will fix it.

Otherwise she may have been stewing over this for a while.

• Like 1
  • Author

I think I am just going to go no contact for a couple of weeks and then hopefully get in contact with her again. Ask her out for coffee or something similar

I think I am just going to go no contact for a couple of weeks and then hopefully get in contact with her again. Ask her out for coffee or something similar

Bad plan. NC means you don't care. It's for you to heal; not to manipulate her into missing you. If you want reconciliation you need to communicate. I suspect part of the reason she ended this is you go away too much. Going away again will hurt not help.