Texted ex, no response

I'm currently in the middle of much anxiety. I contacted my ex for the first time in a month and a half. I texted him 6 hours ago basically saying I hoped he was doing well and if we could talk whenever he was free. He hasn't responded yet. I think I should mention I'm the one who initiated the breakup. I just feel dumb for doing this and a million thoughts are rushing through my head. Like what if he hates me or is dating someone new? Or am I simply overanalyzing? Super stressed out over this.

• Author
What was your purpose in getting back together? Why did you break up?

He was/is working massive amounts of overtime at his job to help his parents pay for a new home and the added work of maintaining our relationship was stretching him really thin and I didn't want to cause him any more stress. I just really miss him.

Happy Lemming
He was/is working massive amounts of overtime at his job to help his parents pay for a new home and the added work of maintaining our relationship was stretching him really thin and I didn't want to cause him any more stress. I just really miss him.

So you punished him for doing something altruistic and you are wondering why he didn't return your text...

• Author
So you punished him for doing something altruistic and you are wondering why he didn't return your text...

I didn't do it to punish him. I did it cause I could see even our normal relationship issues were causing him stress. He even admitted himself he couldn't put in the work for the relationship

Happy Lemming
I didn't do it to punish him. I did it cause I could see even our normal relationship issues were causing him stress. He even admitted himself he couldn't put in the work for the relationship

I'm assuming that this extra overtime was a temporary situation. Why didn't you pack him a lunch or an extra thermos of coffee??

Assist him to get through this temporary situation. He was trying to help out his parents.

Look at the situation through his eyes... He feels hurt and betrayed...

Edited by Happy Lemming
spelling

So you took away his choice in how to manage his life. Look, I can understand you moving on because he wasn't meeting your needs. But to dump him in the guise of caring for him? Makes zero sense.

I suspect your concerns about him being mad at you or dating someone else are quite valid. Just leave him alone.

• Like 1
I suspect your concerns about him being mad at you or dating someone else are quite valid. Just leave him alone.

I agree. It could be one or the other, or a combination of both.

Either way, OP, he doesn't want to re-establish contact. It's time for you to let go.