Think she will regret leaving and come back?

Heartshattered2

Heartshattered2

Girlfriend just broke up with me after a year and a half of dating. She was my best friend and most important person in my life and I let her know that all the time. I'm so broke at the moment. Details about us. We dated a year and a half at one point she was in love with me wanted marriage and picked out a first dance song and had deep feelings for me. I made some big mistakes and we fought a lot but always came out on the right side till about a month ago when everything I buried came back up and she was unhappy plus she caught feelings for another guy. She said she needed time to think about her decision and what she wanted cause it was time to focus on her happiness. it took her a month and a half to decide. 4 days before she told me she was ready to tell me her decision I told her I was gonna break up with her and see if she would come back, I was gonna test her. She said at that time she didn't have her answer yet and I was not giving her enough time to think it over so if she was gonna break it off why not just let me do then? No she then took a few days thought about it and told me and this other guy her decision. In that month and a half we barely talked and saw each other only a few times but when I did talk to her to see her she told me things like Im thinking about you first cause I love so much babe and we even made out like a long slow make out and we held hands and she told me she will always love me. Now she also told me once in our relationship if we ever breakup she would want me to stay single so if she ever wanted me back she could( shes not really a selfish person). Also she hand wrote me 365 notes on our 1 year on july 7th and I told her if she broke up with me I would read every last note up till that day praying she would return and I would stay single till then but could not promise I would be single after that date and she liked that kinda. Shes the love of my life and I tell her that all the time and I tell her no one will love her more then I do. Also she says she will always love me and once had thought of marriage. She said she even told this other guy she would need time to greive if she left me and that a relationship was not guaranteed. This other guy rides motorcycles is in the service loves beer and once told her when her car battery died he would not of come to fix it where as I flew out of my house for her flat tire once and fixed it, she hates beer and motorcycles are death traps to her and said she could never date someone in the service, also I spoil her and she said no one would ever do that for her again probably cause this other guy is broke. Also I made so many sacrifices for her she knows and doesn't know about. I was there for a lot of things for her like when she crashed her mothers car and her mom nearly killed her I held her telling her its ok and she said that meant the world to her. I did so much. Do you think all the problems I buried just built up and she had enough and she broke it off for some space? or was it she wanted to test the waters with this other guy? Dose it sound like she will come back to me or contact me cause I told her I would not contact her at all she would have to contact me if she wants to get back together? I told her I would do anything to not loose her and we could work on our mistakes cause I realized what I did was wrong for so long and was willing to fix them. Do you think it sounds like she will realize she made a mistake and come back to me at some point?

4 days before she told me she was ready to tell me her decision I told her I was gonna break up with her and see if she would come back, I was gonna test her.

You told her that you were going to break up with her to test her and see if she'd come back. Seriously? You love this woman more than anything else and you proceed to play these stupid pointless head games?

Do you think it sounds like she will realize she made a mistake and come back to me at some point?

After reading your entire post I'm not sure she made a mistake.

She asked you to remain single if you ever broke up, so that "if she wanted to come back she could", and you said yes?? You'll stay single and wait for her for a year?!

What were you thinking?

You basically told her, "Feel free to break up with me and sleep with other people any time you like, and I'll sit here like a doormat waiting for you to return".