I responded during no contact like an idiot!!!!

FreeFromBurden

FreeFromBurden

Hey all!

Need a little advice here. My ex of two years and I broke up officially a few days ago after a three week break. I moved back home with my family and haven't contacted him since the morning after I arrived. I think he is in a rebound relationship with one of his coworkers, he's been posting pictures from our date spots so that's my only assumption. Anyways. Only a few days after I left and I saw he MIGHT be in a new relationship, he sent me a plain, "How are you?" text. I responded about a half hour later with, "I'm fine. Thank you for asking."

He hasn't responded even though I know he must seen it. I know he's at work right now but is there any reason he may not have replied? Why did he send it so shortly? Should I not have responded or at least so passively?

He knows I'm hurt so I don't know his motive on asking.

He doesnt sound that nice...

I think you deserve someone so much better hun...

Don't sell yourself short..

You are worth it!!

And you will find someone whose going to love you...

Don't rush into anything..

Find yourself first...

Form friendships first and dont just jump right into dating.....

You will find love...

He didn't reply because you answered his breadcrumb with a closed ended statement instead of asking him how he was in return.

It's better to not respond to any breadcrumbs he tosses your way. This is to allow YOU to heal. The best way to not respond to him is to not be able to receive any communication from him. By responding, it tells him that you're still there in the background. Nothing but food for his ego.

Delete. Block. Remove him from your life completely.

• Like 1
HarmonyDriven

he sent me a plain, "How are you?" text. I responded about a half hour later with, "I'm fine. Thank you for asking."

He hasn't responded even though I know he must seen it. I know he's at work right now but is there any reason he may not have replied? Why did he send it so shortly? Should I not have responded or at least so passively?

He knows I'm hurt so I don't know his motive on asking.

With texting, sometimes you can never tell the tone in how someone responds. He might think your text response is a smart ass come back......because how could you be fine, you two just broke up and he must know you are hurting.

With that being said, I agree 100 per cent with 1fish2fish, delete, block and remove. This is the only way you will be able to heal and ultimately move on.

IF you ever come into contact with the ex, you must come from a place of indifference. This way, whatever is said won't make a difference either way.

Right now, contact is too raw. Realize you deserve better.

Good luck.