Getting ex back when she is in a rebound relationship.

We were together for 1.5 years and I broke-up with her month ago.

Since I broke up with her I was okay during the first 2 weeks but she took it really badly. She was constantly crying for the first week :/. During these 2 weeks we met up, talked a little about the problems, had fun and even get physical again with eachother. I started to think to get our relationship a second go as we still loved each other, but I was scared that it will lead to the same problems so I still wanted to take time apart to rethink everything.

At the end of the 2nd week she met a 'great' guy. When I visited her again to discuss coming back together, she said that she want to give this new guy a chance, be fair with him and not to get close to me right now. It suprised me and I was not happy about that :x. I said I wanted to get back together and if she wants otherwise thats okey, but not fine for me and if changes her mind she will let me know.

Week later they end up in a relationship.

I rethinked our relationship, red alot and figured out that we had a big problems with communication skills and codependency. I would love to repair these things with her. I still love her deeply and I made a mistake taking a break :/.

I apologized for everything bad in our relationship and said I would love to work things out between us, but she said no.

They have every possible symptom for a rebound relationship in my opinion. Furthermore she is saying that she loves him and will never go back to me.

Since their relationship started I went semi NC and talked with her only twice when she initiated. I said I still miss her and I would love to see her on which she replied 'no' followed by 'You are not trying hard enough' or something between these lines. I don't know if she is genuenly telling me that or she just wants to see me beg her?

Sorry for long story. I am really trying to make it short haha. Looking for an advice what to do next to rekindle things with her. Should I go NC, work on myself and wait untill they relationship fall apart or she contacts me?

Thank you ^^!

Edited by Mnickexe

Have you considered the idea that now she's used to being out of the relationship, she's realised that you were right to end it? If you weren't happy, there's a very good chance she wasn't happy either.

She may or may not break up with this guy. But even if she does, it's more likely she will continue moving forward without you.

I think it's best to go NC. Work on yourself and leave her behind.

• Author

Yeah something wasn't working that's true. I broke up because she was jealous and needy very often. When I was pulling away she was pushing me further away. On my part I started to slack off in life and wanted to focus more on my career, so that is the part she didn't like. Our communication sucked and we couldn't compromise that well. Now she is with a guy that gives her constant attention so it is propably better for her :/.

Still the text from her that I am not trying hard enough, boggle me. But she is in a relationship so there is no way I will beg her. I can't see her leaving this guy right now.

Thank you for reply and yeah NC should be the best here i think too.

Edited by Mnickexe
Yeah something wasn't working that's true. I broke up because she was jealous and needy very often. When I was pulling away she was pushing me further away. On my part I started to slack off in life and wanted to focus more on my career, so that is the part she didn't like. Our communication sucked and we couldn't compromise that well. Now she is with a guy that gives her constant attention so it is propably better for her :/.

You realize none of this has changed right? This all bothered you enough that you broke up with her over it, so why are you so intent in diving back in? Go NC, heal, work on communication skills and find a healthier, more compatible partner later on.