Caught ex going by my house via dating location ap

Onceinlove

Long story short we were in love, broke up due to many circumstances but no cheating etc. I told her we couldn't be friends or contact each other even though she did. 9 months passed I missed her and contacted her, we talked for a few days with our normal 2000-3000 character texts then she kind of stopped. One week passed I rekindled it to a brief reply then 2 weeks after the same and I get a text saying she don't really know what to say to me. I suggested we should meet up and talk in person perhaps just to catch up and also since misunderstood texts kind of started our break up along with other factors like her friends not really liking me. I never heard back from her for the past 5 weeks since I sent that text.

It's been close to a year now we been broken up and I've occasionally spotted her on tindar and bumble considering she lives about 2 miles from me. 2 days ago however she showed up on my happn ap. If anyone is familiar with this ap it basically matches you with peopke you crossed paths with in a specific location, well this location was smack dab right in front of my house. It was also close to midnight and she knows due to my work schedule I'm in bed by 9am so she won't get spotted, she herself is never usually out this late at night either especially on a week night.

She also don't have a car and the area of the city I live in has nothing anywhere close to my house or any reason for her to go down the Main Street that mine goes off of. I figured she had to have went to a concert which is in another state and wound have required somebody driving her and then afterwards on the way home she had them drive by my house.sure enough a friend that still follows her on IG confirmed she was due to her posting a video of the concert. She must have just recently downloaded this ap because this is also the first time she ever showed up.

So how would you handle this? I still want to get back with her and she knows it I'm sure. Should I wait since perhaps she might contact me soon or would you screenshot her being caught or mention you seen it and try to casually take it from there?

Edited by Onceinlove
Typo

Maybe her new bf lives in that area too and this is on the way to his place. I mean, you live very close to each other. And you said it's Main Street, so that implies there's things there, not just your place.

• Author
Maybe her new bf lives in that area too and this is on the way to his place. I mean, you live very close to each other. And you said it's Main Street, so that implies there's things there, not just your place.

I doubt that is the case as far as having a new bf or she wouldn't not be on the ap. She had to just download it recently because I have been around her area a few times over the past 2 months and she had never shown up. As in Main Street I mean the street you would have to go down to get to my side street. Wound the make sense for anyone who don't live in that area to drive down especially that time of night.

If you want to reconnect send her a message and ask her to meet up somewhere. If she doesn't respond or declines, whatever it is you see on an app doesn't really matter.

Do not send her screen shots of her whereabouts on that app.

CautiouslyOptimistic

I've frequently said that social media has made break-ups soooo much harder than they used to be "back in the day" for enumerable reasons. I guess now we have to add unintentional cyber stalking to that list. Seriously, this world we live in.....makes me not even want to have a smart phone!

Also, I feel so old.

• Like 3

You can try reaching out to her again about meeting up, making sure you tell her your intentions about what you're going to want to talk about. If she says no or doesn't answer, then she's not in that head space right now -- EVEN if she's just ambivalent. If she actually came by your house but then didn't alert you to it, then she's not actually ready to see you and definitely not to reconcile. If she was going after a concert, she may not have been sober and then thought better of it.

• Like 1

She blew you off and has ghosted you for 5 weeks. It's so easy to text someone if interested. She might have been curious to see if someone might have been over. Ex's can still be curious, but that's common and doesn't mean much. You should not contact her over this.

I'm assuming she broke up with you?

• Author
You can try reaching out to her again about meeting up, making sure you tell her your intentions about what you're going to want to talk about. If she says no or doesn't answer, then she's not in that head space right now -- EVEN if she's just ambivalent. If she actually came by your house but then didn't alert you to it, then she's not actually ready to see you and definitely not to reconcile. If she was going after a concert, she may not have been sober and then thought better of it.

Pretty sure my last message to her indicated I might want to rekindle thigs. You're definitely right about the head space because that was a problem with her before we dated and it took me 8-9 months to finally get her on a real date and afterwards she told ne how she had always hoped we would wind up together. She might have been drunk but I doubt it knowing previous concerts we went to she didn't like to get drunk.

She blew you off and has ghosted you for 5 weeks. It's so easy to text someone if interested. She might have been curious to see if someone might have been over. Ex's can still be curious, but that's common and doesn't mean much. You should not contact her over this.

I'm assuming she broke up with you?

It was more mutual but looking back even though she caused the arguments I did mention we would break up over it and also it was probably me more so that gave the final call and I also told her we couldn't be friends or talk anymore. This surprised her and she said perhaps she needs to think and I told her no and she asked me a few times afterwards if she can call or text me in a few weeks and I said no and 2 days later deleted her from FB and IG. When I did text her after 9 months she said she often thought of texting me but didn't know if it wound really cool.

Edited by Onceinlove
  • 2 weeks later...

She did not seem interested when you offered to meet her and she texted you that she does not know what to tell you.

Also, there was a reason you broke up with her, something did not work ... do you really want HER back or you are just lonely?

Please do not send her screen shots .... she will think you stalk her.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author
She did not seem interested when you offered to meet her and she texted you that she does not know what to tell you.

Also, there was a reason you broke up with her, something did not work ... do you really want HER back or you are just lonely?

Please do not send her screen shots .... she will think you stalk her.

The reason we broke up had more to do with pressure from her friends and surroundings (too long to explain) more than us in a nut shell. I want HER back I'm lonely but I can date others. I have options of dating much better looking girls, way younger, and ones that make far more money which would be a better off future but I love her for who she is and the connection we had.

Update- I never contacted her and a friend of mine happened to run into her since they work in the same large building (never ran into each other in all the time we dated or the almost year since) he mentioned me and she says she thought of calling me which she did text me the next day since it was my birthday. We texted back and forth and clearly things aren't better for her since our break up from what she said but once again she didn't text since I gave her some input.