Does she or Doesn't she?

So my ex and I broke up about 3 months ago.

She's had a lot of stress in her life in the past bit which I think was the main factor in our breakup. I won't go into details but we've chatted a bit about it and she admits that's what turned things around for her which made her no longer be able to bear the small things that bothered her about me. To me, none of those are major issues and make no sense to break up over.

I've tried to just give her time but it seems every time I do, she seems to do something that gives me the impression she wants to work things out but she won't come out and say it. Every time I bring up the subject, she keeps shooting it down saying there's no chance of reconciliation.

A few examples: She'll text me for help with random stuff like where certain places are in the city or if a certain place is far from the city if she were to move there. Stuff she could easily look up herself.

For a while she stayed in contact with my mom and sister until I told her it bothered me.

Just last week, we had a long conversation that she wanted to have to discuss how things went down. When she showed up, we went out to supper and the place she picked is one we went on several dates to and had plenty of good times. I thought we had a great time until we started discussing our past issues where we didn't really fight but also just went around in circles where she kept saying the same things over and over that she couldn't deal with us because of her stress.

I was actually the one who broke up with her but I've told her before that I didn't actually want to break up but she pushed me to do it by ignoring me for about 2 months.

There's a lot more to it than that but to me it just seems like her words say one thing and her actions say another.

Just looking for opinions on what others think she wants.

FYI, I've also told her that if we were to try and work things out that I don't expect it to be a quick patch job. I want to take our time, discuss the things that bothered her and figure out how to make things work so that it doesn't bother her as much.

She also has a 5 year old son and I don't want to involve him unless I know things are fully patched up either. That's also another thing that she's done to make me question what she wants. When I asked her what she told him about me not being around, she says she just told him that I was too busy. Why would you say that if you don't plan on having the person around at all anymore?

Edited by SilverCup

I think she's just keeping you around so if she doesn't find something better then she can comeback to you. Basically shopping her options while stringing you along.