Best Friends to relationship to EX's to NC to Friends?

EducatingGreco

EducatingGreco

My best friend of 9 years and I decided to cross the line from friendship into relationship last summer. Long story short it was an awkward relationship because we knew so much about each others past that it made the relationship quite difficult for us both. The relationship lasted only 9 months, but we even moved in together a few months before the end. The relationship in both our minds was over probably about 4 months before it officially became over. Althought we have a lot of genuine love for each other, the break up was mutual.

I was relieved at the time that the break up happened and she even moved on to a rebound relationship about 2 months after.....eventually her rebound cheated on her and she left him. During this time span of being broken up of 4 months, I started to realise the things that I did wrong and what I could have done differently.

I used Breakup Brads methods of text contacting her out which easily worked and we met up. Unfortunately the date didn't feel like a date at all and we felt like friends and I could tell she was upset still from this rebound relationship......this unfortunately went on for another 3 times we hung out before I told her straight up that I wanted to get back together. She really enjoys her time with me, but I can tell she is really hurt from the most recent rebound guy she dated.

I did the Corey Wayne move of stating what I wanted and accepting nothing less. She stated that she wants to be single for a while and was shocked that I wanted to get back together. She mentioned that she wants us to hang out and see how things go. I told her that it is impossible for me to hang out with her and be strictly platonic. This last week feels like it has been a negotiation process with us trying to find common ground.

She most recently expressed out of no where what really bothered her in the relationship where I apologised and accepted full responsibility and told her that I could not change the past , but only look forward to the future and make it better. She has not responded since and it has now been 5 days.

I'm currently following Corey Waynes no contact rule, but I'm wondering if this is the right method.....the last thing she remembers of me in a relationship was all negative and she even moved on emotionally invested in someone else only to eventually have me back in her life suggesting we should start dating without even showing her change. I feel like I haven't done anything to really reignite her interest and relationship trust again.

What should I do?

- Should I follow Corey Waynes advice and wait for her to contact me and when she does, to make a date and only if she shows signs of being open to not being strictly platonic?

- Should I ease back into spending time with her and engage in Kino while working my way up to the higher stages?

- Should I wait longer and hope that maybe she will contact me? How long should I wait?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. May we all find the love and peace we deserve. <3

I think you should forget Corey Wayne and try for once in your life to be honest and genuine, the real you. She can see right through that crap because she's known you forever. And anyway, if a woman likes you acting like Corey Wayne, then she likes Corey Wayne, not you. If you want a genuine love, you have to be genuine. Then let her decide if she likes you that much anymore or not.

• Like 1

You should go no contact and assume she's never coming back and not hope that she contacts you. Leave her to find her own happiness, with or without you, and don't try to manipulate her into what you want.