heart aching

Okay so my bf. and I just broke up.. We were only dating for a bit over a month..He felt that things were moving too fast, and I agree with that..Now that we are actually broken up , I miss him dearly..We had a nice break up , there were no name callings or screaming, we still want to be friends..I recently decided I don't want to be just his friend. I want him back..I know him and I have something special..What should I do???

LucreziaBorgia
Originally posted by Colleen

What should I do???

Don't pretend to be 'friends' when its more than 'friends' that you want. Its not fair to you, and its not fair to him. Let him know that you love him, and right now your heart can't handle 'just friends' and you need some time to get yourself over your heartbreak. Give yourself some self-enforced 'no contact' time, if that is what it will take to let your romantic feelings for him subside.

• Author

Yea it's hard to do that especially because of the reason we broke up..It seems so stupid to break up jsut because we rushed into it, I mean we can slow it down and work it out..I am just gona give him space I decided..ahhh..who knows??

Colleen, you were 'in love' within two weeks of meeting and now, another two weeks later, have broken up. Life is not like on TV shows. People do not fall in love in an hour and break up and get together in next weeks' show.

I think you both are very young and have a lot to learn about relationships and one thing to learn is that you cannot be 'in love' or love someone that quickly. I doubt you can redeem this. I agree that you need to take some time and go much slower next time.